Esteemed Contributor

I would like to share my personal experience with an Office Depot/Office Max warranty. AWESOME!  I purchased a new chair for my home office a year ago.  I also bought the 2-year warranty.

It is a Serta chair and was very comfortable until about 2-3 weeks ago when I began having neck pain.  On inspecting the chair, it seems the seat pan (cushion) has broken down quite a bit.  The fabric (faux leather) started cracking badly. Because of that, I was able to file a claim on the warrantly.

I filed the claim on-line Saturday evening and offered to send a photo if needed.  Within an hour, I received an email with a e-card for the full purchase price of the chair!  Wow!  Just Wow!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: Office Depot/Max warranty

@MamaWick, the same thing happened to me many years ago and I could tell your same story. 

I was happy the way it turned out. 

I wish office desk chairs were made better quality.  I have been through so many of them as they don't last.  They look like they would last in the store, but they don't. 

I'm not a big person either so I shouldn't have a problem with a chair's longevity. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. In the past, I have purchased chairs costing big bucks. Even those don't last.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

It would never even occur to me to buy a warranty on a chair.  Good thing the OP did, but a chair should certainly last longer than a year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment