Bird of the Day - European Robin

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: October's Birds Nest - Harvest Time

Honored Contributor

fall

Hi Birding Friends, Another change in the weather here. Yesterday I wore capris, a tee shirt, sandals and today sweatpants, sweatshirt over a thermal tee and clogs. We did get some rain, but not a whole lot. Just fast moving thunderstorms that came with the front as it passed over this area.

Mousie, I never would have thought of pumpkin as dog food, but it sounds like a great idea. I have gotten Mattie some cat food with sweet potatoes in it and she likes it, as much as she likes any food, for a few cans and then her 'tastes' change. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I follow Big Cat Rescue site on FB. It's located in Tampa and they have short film clips on Face Book and at this time of year, the tigers, cougars, bobcats, etc. are given pumpkins and other things to keep them occupied and active. They love playing with them, batting the pumpkins around like soccer balls. Fun to watch and I finally committed to giving to them each month. It helps care for, expand and also rescue more big cats, medium cats, and other critters too. Some of these gorgeous cats come from deplorable conditions.

Birdmama, Glad you got through the mammogram without much pain to your shoulder. I got 'the' letter reminding me it's time to make the appointment for my annual "brea-s-t sandwich, as my former GYN/O**B Dr. used to call it. He was such a great Doctor. Also have to make an appt. for the other annual test,{#emotions_dlg.mad} don't like that one at all. Wish I could be done with that one, but state law requires a Dr's visit to get prescriptions renewed. Always an angle.

Winifred, Has Stripes been behaving himself lately? I hope your plants are hanging in there. Do you all have a rainy season at all? I know there's been an ongoing drought, but I mean in normal times. DS's part of Florida is going into their dry season, but luckily the rainy season did hang on for longer than usual down there.

Still have sinuses kicking up a storm now and then. You'd think that after these many decades of living in the same area, that I'd become immune to the pollens, dusts, molds or whatever it is, by now. I am helping keep Walgreen's in business, though.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Puddles, thinking of you and saying prayers along with sending positive thoughts your way for the upcoming surgery. Have you looked for a new house yet?? I know it's down the road a piece, just a thought.

Guess I need to think about starting supper soon. Just have to decide what to fix along with the asparagus I picked up. Got squash, turnips, salad greens, pork chops or stew beef, + all the ingredients for that. Should have started that earlier, though.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Waving to all my Birding Friends. Take care and be safe.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

For Bird mama:

Hes a popstar

Hi everyone! Just waiting for pre-op test results and a surgery date.{#emotions_dlg.mellow} possummink, we will look around at some new neighborhoods going up although it is a little early. We are thinking apartment rather than house though.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Thank you Puddles, I love the penguin {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Hello all -the bird of the day is Yellow Billed Loon - Eastern and Western North America. This concludes the North American Loon series {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 mousiegirl said:

This is how I feel, except for centipedes {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Bird mama said:
On 10/28/2014 mousiegirl said:

This is how I feel, except for centipedes {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} This pup is what I imagine my male looked like as a puppy.

Respected Contributor

Hey Puddles, waiting to hear your good news - I just KNOW that is what it will be.

Hot here, but nights are very very chilly. That is good for sleeping.

Finally got DAvey back in school. He was in school but deliberately messed up because he did not want to go there - how dumb can we be. Now he is in a school which goes all day long, five days a week. He was in Options which is a great school for kids who are behind - and he was - and you only go two days a week for an hour each day but have workbooks to do at home. On test days it is longer but not bad at all. Very easy in my estimation. He deliberately messed it up so they would boot him - well it worked. So now he is in Middle school here - the same school TEssa use to go to. Day a prayer he will get his act together. Now the second big chore is to get him to at least eat something in the mornings. I gather he has been allowed to go without breakfast for years and eats late in the night - that is stopping but what an ordeal. Tried this morning to get him to eat only a cracker - may try some breakfast bars - we shall see what happens but he M U S T eat something in the mornings. Breakfast is so very important.

Love the message with the little puppy - so very true. Animals are indeed family if treated right.

I need to get a move on - quite frankly I am ready for bed but just a tad early for that. Am so tired.

Hope all had a good day and tomorrow will be even better - if possible.