Frequent Contributor

Re: Oct. 7 Purchases and Reviews - What Are You Excited About Getting?

Mewsmomto - Martha's punches by far are the best. How you can get such and intricate design from a punch and the ease of use amazes me. I do love the hot off the press kits but like I said no directions. Plus they come in an envelope with all the pieces of the kit inside. None of the items are bagged in the envelope. I keep them in the envelope otherwise I would lose the pieces.

I do like quilling. I usually sit in front of the tv and twirl away making different sized balls that can be pinched into many designs. I did get the automatic quilling winder but have not used it yet. Can see that being a big help even though quelling doesn't take much effort. Probably could have done without that toy. Adding that little quilled element really does liven up a design.

For those that got that bow tie die cuts can't wait to hear all about how it cuts and what you have done with the bows. I was so tempted to buy it but hesitated because I do have issues with Anna's dies not cutting. I have taken the advice of others and have laid some wax paper on top of the dies to give that a whirl this weekend.

Regular Contributor

Hello everyone! Most of my goodies have arrived!

Just opening everything, all wrapped in tissue paper, is such fun! The holiday card kit is great. I don't understand some of the negative reviews saying there wasn't enough variety in the embellishments. Too much greenery? I LOVE the greenery!

I also got the Christmas tags (great value for 288 pieces) and the angel toppers (lots of two layer angels plus angel postcards, gold glitter starry embellishments, cardstock layers, cardstock tags, holiday sentiments....my favorite purchase) and the lace trimmings embossing folders with dies (I adore anything lace). The foil and die cut borders had a horrible odor when I opened the package, but after a day spread out on my crafting table (yes, my dining room table, too!!) the smell is gone and they're ready to use. The Martha country doily kit has some beautiful lace border stickers, lace tape, and lacy embellishments. A good purchase for $9.99 as it satisfies my lace addiction!

Does anyone else mix kits together? I'll take this year's card kit and mix it with my leftovers from the last 2 years and voila! One big crazy mixed up kit. I'll also take the ribbons from all the kits and store them together in a clear plastic craft box, also the sentiments in their own box, and the flowers as well. But I'll keep the papers and card layers from each kit separate in their own box. Weird, huh? haha Hey, it works for me!

Contributor

Does anyone know when anna will be on again.

Frequent Contributor

I believe she said in January. I'm hoping that some of her Christmas items go on sale before then.

Frequent Contributor

For some reason, this showed up twice. Just ignore.

Regular Contributor

She says on her blog she's back on Jan 21. Time for my credit card to cool off a bit before the next round!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for letting us know Kati and thanks for telling us about your purchases. Sure wish I could have gotten the Angel Topper kit! I hope she brings it back - it looked so beautiful. I got the regular tags when she offered them the Spring or Summer and they were so nice. I can only imagine that her Christmas tags are just as nice. Another wish for next year.

I too am starting to mix kits since I think I have 7 of them plus Christmas kits. If you have the kits for cards for men you should seriously consider getting her die cuts that go with those kits. You can make some really great guy cards. I'm really proud of the cards I was able to make for my nephew's birthday and for Father's Day. I have two male birthdays coming up in a few weeks and I am looking forward to making those cards.

I got my MS 10 piece Doily Loop Punch kit and played with it over the weekend. The punches are beautiful and will go perfectly with all my Anna Griffin things - they are so feminine. Really happy that I made the decision to buy them. I went from zero punches to 26 in about 6 months and I am so happy with them. I feel like they really add to my cards and scrapbook pages. Money well spent

Contributor

Hi! I'm new to scrapbooking and card making and went crazy with AG and MS during the craft day! I missed out on the AG bows die set and hope that it comes in before the holidays! I've tried looking on eBay and etsy but no luck. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Happy crafting!
Valued Contributor

Welcome 2greys! You couldn't do better than to start with AG and MS. Their products are top-notch. AG's card-making kits are incredible. Your cards are going to be very popular{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Be sure to check out Anna's blogs for card ideas and MS's website for crafting ideas plus YouTube for videos on using their products. Most of all, have fun and use your papers and embellishments! Many of us suffer from paper hoarding because it is so beautiful. It took me a while to get used to the idea of using it, but once I did, I was so happy{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Wish I had an idea for getting a hold of the bow dies - they are beautiful aren't they? She made a video on her latest blog on how to use them and posted examples too. I couldn't get them this year, but I am hoping she will offer them again. I guess all you can do is keep on checking Ebay and maybe if you are on Facebook, you can search for an AG group. Somebody might decide they'd rather sell theirs than hang on to them. Good luck!

Contributor

Thank you, mewsmomtoo, for your gracious welcome! Thanks too for the references. I just hope I can part with the cards once I make them! I'm now on the hunt for the bow die and others to use in the Cuttlebug. Thanks again.