Respected Contributor

@qualitygal Your reply about your friend using the drawer in the kitchen table to hide the oatmeal brought a giggle and forgotten childhood memory,  as I remember my brother using 'the little draw' (think the drawer was supposed to be for forks/spoons etc) to dump the food he didn't like at dinner, especially peas.. LoL     My brother is in his 60s now and one of his favorite veggies is, you guessed it...PEAS!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella, I bet it was the same kind of table! What a fun memory we had huh! LOL

Honored Contributor

Not really a fan.  I eat it a handful of times a year.

Respected Contributor

My new favorite: Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups

Makes 12 "cup cakes" spray cups and bake 350 for about 25 min

1 egg

2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free ok)

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 large very ripe banana (1/2 cup mashed)

2 T oil or butter or coconut oil

1 cup milk or almond milk

2 T pure maple syrup or brown sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen

Combine all. Keep in frig or freeze

Honored Contributor

Yes I eat oatmeal. I try and eat a bit healthy for breakfast. I have either McCanns Steel Cut Oatmeal because they don't process the oats as much as regular oatmeal. I do get the fast 5 minute kind. Add fruit and walnuts. I alternate with Fiber One 55% and add fruit and walnuts. I only do the recommended one serving for each of these.

Valued Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@qualitygal Your reply about your friend using the drawer in the kitchen table to hide the oatmeal brought a giggle and forgotten childhood memory,  as I remember my brother using 'the little draw' (think the drawer was supposed to be for forks/spoons etc) to dump the food he didn't like at dinner, especially peas.. LoL     My brother is in his 60s now and one of his favorite veggies is, you guessed it...PEAS!  

@ciao_bella @qualitygal It made me laugh too as I devised many a plan to rid myself of meat after my parents wised up and started locking the dog out at dinner...lol

Honored Contributor

I just can't eat oatmeal.  There is some weird consistency factor and I gag. I react like that to several foods that have similar consistencies.  I've tried adding fruit and nuts and whatever else I could think of and just can't get it down.   I can get healthy food in other ways.  

Esteemed Contributor

@granddi Thank you, this sounds delicious!

Valued Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

My father ate Quaker Oatmeal every day of his adult life!

When I was a kid I loved eating Maypo's maple-

flavored oatmeal.  Now, I enjoy eating Quaker Oats

Medley single servings which contain fruit and nuts.

I enjoy them for supper on cold winter evenings.  

Cheerios is my favorite cereal.  Life original is a

close second.

Yay..every day. I've gone through an oatmeal evolution..started with instant, moved to cooked rolled oats, then steel cut...now I make overnight oats in a crockpot with oat groats (sometimes I add other grains: buckwheat, farro, teff, spelt, rice, etc) and top it with pure, dark local maple syrup and So Delicious coconut creamer. Sometimes I add nuts. It's the only thing I can eat that I'm not hungry again immediately. 

I give the leftovers to my dog..everyone comments how soft and shiny she is, so maybe it's doing something other than filling me up too...

Honored Contributor

A big thumbs up for oatmeal. I love it with fruits and nuts and seeds, mixed with other types of cooked grains topped with yogurt and just a ittle sweetener.  I also put it and oat bran, raw,  into some of my smoothies too.