Honored Contributor

It does nothing for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Yes. I eat oatmeal for breakfast in winter. I also like cream of wheat and grits. I do not eat cold cereal. It is not that I don't like cold cereal but do not eat to avoid the added sugar and calories from milk. I will overeat all day if I eat sugar for breakfast.

What are grits?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oatmeal ~ yea or ???

[ Edited ]

I love oatmealHeart eat it about three or four times a week.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Oatmeal is a no for me. To be honest, I've never even tried it, but it looks unappealing so I won't. So much for being open minded, LOL. 

I'm not a fan of any type cereal. Except Bran Buds. But I eat a small amount of those daily, dry. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Yep! 

Quaker - the old fashion one, not the quick 1 minute one!

Yummy! ❤️

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

Mostly no, until I discovered Schwan's steel cut oatmeal with quinoa. I add dark cherries to it and YUM. I have it a few times per week.

Honored Contributor

I love oatmeal! And I'm not a snob about which cut either. 

I like it because it can be different every day. I especially like to add fresh peaches or strawberries or blueberries before cooking. 

In the past I have stirred in a bit of peanut butter and some chocolate chips, or a little bit of brown sugar.  Sometimes top it with sliced bananas. 

Esteemed Contributor

We love oatmeal, we do not eat it everyday but but a few times a month especially in the winter!

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet We love the Steel Cut Oatmeal recipe that David Venable posted quite awhile back, you cook it in a slow cooker,  it too makes a large batch and is good to reheat

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Yes. I eat oatmeal for breakfast in winter. I also like cream of wheat and grits. I do not eat cold cereal. It is not that I don't like cold cereal but do not eat to avoid the added sugar and calories from milk. I will overeat all day if I eat sugar for breakfast.

What are grits?

IMG_1403.jpg