Trusted Contributor

Re: OUR KITTY LILY CROSSED THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

I share your sorrows, @PamfromCT. 💔 Losing your “love-bug,” Lily and so suddenly. Shock, plus grief. I'm sure you take some comfort in that she didn’t suffer for long, and now that's all over for her. There's just this hole in your heart. So very hard to lose one, I know, and I will pray for your peace. 🌹

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT ... my deepest sympathies to you and your DH. Sending you hugs across the miles during this difficult time, as you mourn the loss of your sweet girl, Lily. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss @PamfromCT 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

When they are with you as they are sick I think it does ease their passing.  My condolences.  Cats are all individuals, and they cannot be replaced--though virtually all are lovable in their different ways.  Be sure that Lily knew how much much you both loved her. It is a bond made over the years; we feel it, and they surely feel it too.  I am sure she felt comforted by your love.

Last April, I lost my cat Percy, a 16 year old rescue Siamese with serious health problems (from the age of about 6 months). My other cat Claire, a 15 year old rescued Siamese/Exotic mix with some shy behavioral traits (Claire's alternate nic was "The Invisible Girl") grieved to death when Percy died.  She developed kidney failure and of course it may be a coincidence, but she searched and searched around the house, looking for her frenemy.  For about a month.  And then she died.

I still have not been able to consider another rescue, but I may be ready this summer.

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss. There is nothing I can say that will take away the grief you are feeling now. Know that you gave her the best life possiable and did the right thing  to end her suffering.  I too believe that you will be together again. Somewhere I read this "Im leaving first to find the way, so I can lead you back with me on your final day". What a beautiful thought!

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I am sad to share the news that our beloved kitty Lily has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  We adopted her six years ago when she was four years old.  She was a beautiful Maine Coon, grey and white, with beautiful green eyes.  Lily was extremely friendly to everyone, very affectionate, and quite the kisser.  The original lovebug.  She was the sunshine for us two old retired folks.  

Her illness was short and profound.  Despite the best of care from our vets, it was obvious she had suffered severe neurological damage, likely from a stroke.  Our option was obvious, and today was her last day.  We spent time holding her, telling her how much we loved her and promised her she would cross the Bridge and be free of all pain, and make many new friends.  We promised someday we would be together again.  We thanked her for all the love she gave us.  She had a quick and peaceful passing, thanks to our caring vet.

This is so hard.  I am trying to be grateful for her first of all, but I would be lying if I said we weren’t crying for our baby.  I will miss her forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heart Oh my dear Pam, I had just read this ~ 

My heart took a tumble.

So sadden to hear this.

There is that moment, now, that I am feeling the memory of losing KittieCream and KitTEE all over again.

The best I can extend love for understanding, when losing a fur baby member, through an incident of this nature, being one of the family  ~~  affects me as unhappiness ~~

What does help is that her condition had not been long.

I had mentioned her only days ago in asking. 

The cradling of her as you said good bye was another tearful experience to hear, before she had been released to having peace. 

I know everyone's heart is reduced to fragments... and the many conversations you and I had when [both] were alive, I can remember.

I am so VERY sorry. 

My Heart belongs to you as I read through the beautiful attributes as her deserved eulogy. 

It hurts.. it hurts so badly.  

Yes, you will love her forever.

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

NAES

Honored Contributor

Oh @PamfromCT  - I'm just now seeing this, and I'm so sorry. Lily sounds like a sweetheart, and through your tears you will always see her that way. It sounds like you had the perfect experience saying goodbye to her. It's never easy, but she felt loved up until the time she went to sleep. And it is good to know she had such a caring veterinarian. (((HUGS)))

Trusted Contributor

Blue skies and green pastures, Ms. Lily.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl and @OKPrincess - my thoughts and hugs are with you too

@Bird mama - What a wonderful visual image you gave us in your post! Heart