Respected Contributor

Re: OUR KITTY LILY CROSSED THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

@PamfromCT 

I am crying with you right now.  The profound grief that the loss of a beloved pet brings is beyond words.  I am praying for you now, but know in your heart that you did everything right for your Lily.  She must have loved you just as much as you loved her, and yes, you will miss her forever.  

When we lost my husbands companion lab, after a couple of months, we went to the pound and adopted the smallest, neediest, sickest little kitten you can imagine. This little kitty has brought us so much joy and has certainly eased our pain.She has given us something to focus on and to freely love.  She hasn't replaced our precious lab, but she make us smile. I hope that the day will come when your heart will be lighter.    

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @Georgiagrama, Thank you so much - your kindness and wisdom went right to my heart.  Lily brought us so much love and affection and joy.  She made us laugh every day.  Yes, we spoiled her quite a bit.  She deserved that and more.  I am glad you found a kitty who needed much love and care.  Your kitty hit the jackpot with you folks!  And you hit the jackpot, too.

Best wishes to you,

Pam

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT  What a lovely way to talk about her passing (Crossing the Bridge).  I know how hard it is because I have been there.  My love of my life is now 12 years old and her name is Ava Ming.  She is a Tonkinese Blue Mink.  My prayers are with you and Lily.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1, Your Ava Ming I can bet is a beautiful kitty, and she is so lucky to have such a kind and sweet Mommy.  I do appreciate your message.  Been through this many times before, but this has really hit us hard.  DH is doing better than me.  Even calling the lovely lady who came to the house once a month to shampoo her, trim her nails, and trim her thick coat was quite an ordeal.  Will be going out tomorrow with our family, all big time animal lovers and devoted guardians to their pets.  Please give Ava Ming a hug from me.

Best wishes,

Pam

Super Contributor

I just saw this @PamfromCT. I'm sorry for your loss.💔 Heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

I just saw this ....and my heart breaks for you....sending you a hug and my thoughts and prayers....Cat Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT -

What a beautiful post you wrote about Lily!

She sounds like a wonderful girl.

I am so sorry for I know it is the hardest thing in the world to lose her.

I am reading a book now starring a maine coon cat. I hear they are like dogs in that they are the greatest companions and follow you around and are so affectionate.

So all the harder to lose them but I'll be re-reading your post because it has made me feel better about when mine went over the rainbow bridge.Heart

You can say "Well Done" Lily and her parents, in this world and on to the Rainbow Bridge.Heart

We are crying with you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @on the bay@Spurt, and @AuberriJean,

I sincerely appreciate your kindness.  While I have loved every fur baby we have had, Lily’s passing has been especially hard.

For the past years, I have had several health issues, one following another.  Nothing that endangered my life.  Just physical pain.  DH and Lily were always there for me.  She would come up to me, lick me, and kiss my face.  Rest on my chest.  She was my baby.  I have done enough reading to know what I am going through (and DH too) is to be expected.

What a wonderful gift she was.  At my age (75), she will likely be our last fur baby.  I thank you all for your understanding and sympathy.

All my best,

Pam 

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

So very sorry for your loss. There is nothing I can say that will take away the grief you are feeling now. Know that you gave her the best life possiable and did the right thing  to end her suffering.  I too believe that you will be together again. Somewhere I read this "Im leaving first to find the way, so I can lead you back with me on your final day". What a beautiful thought!

@arrabella -

I love thisHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.