Respected Contributor

Re: OUR KITTY LILY CROSSED THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

[ Edited ]

My Sincerest Condolences.

I have had the privilege throughout my life, of owning 2 dogs; 3 bunnies (indoor buns) and 2 cats...None of my animals lacked or needed...they lived glorious lives....that said, they did not live nearly long enough.

No matter how long we "have our pets" the time we share with them is WAAAY TOO SHORT.

I wrap my painful hurting heart around this philosophy....the love we experience to / from our pets, far exceeds the pain we experience with their loss.

I still cry over the loss of my childhood dog (a Scottish Terrier named MacGregor).

He passed when I was 16. Each and every year on his birthday I tell my mom what age he would have been...this year he'd have turned 52!!! Absurd to imagine - maybe. But in it's absurdity I find a moment to giggle at the what ifs and tear up over the what was.

Our pets never truly leave us. They are tattooed on our hearts forever.

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1, I so appreciate your kindness and compassion.  I so remember that time of terrible heartache you went through.  You are a genuine, loving person with a big heart.  There are some few with no heart for anybody or anything.  Who would ever want to trade places with them?  I know you have a sweet kitty, Shasay (sp ?), and I bet she’s darling and the “apple of her mommy’s eye”).  I would really like to know all about her.  I know one thing - she hit the jackpot!  

I’m sure you might not remember how we came to adopt Lily.  Our Callie had crossed after being sick for so long, and it was awful.  My DB’s now ex-wife knew a breeder in Florida who was looking for a special home for Lily.  Pictures were sent, etc., and I fell in love with her already.  So we paid for a crate, and Lily was sent to Bradley Field, where we picked her up.  The poor little kitty didn’t even know what a kitty bed was.  It didn’t take her too long to adjust.  It was 6 years ago yesterday that we brought her home.  

I hope all all is well with you, your DH, and your son.  And, of course, your darling kitty.  I had looked for you here for quite a while and was certainly missing you.  Let’s stay in touch!

Our DD and SIL, DS and DIL, and GC are doing well.  Children are growing up too fast, GS is 11 in 5th grade, GD is 6 in K.

They are sweet and loving children and doing well in school.

How is your son doing?  I am sure you look back, like me, and ask where all those years went.  I am sure he is a fine young man.  

Thank you, sweet NAES, for being you and caring about everyone here.  

Much love and appreciation,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby, Welcome to you, and I can see you will make many friends here!  I so appreciate your kind wishes.  I agree with everything you have said, and it means so much to me.

And no, it is not inappropriate to mourn for your dear Scottie.  I have always loved them, but never had one.  You can love each and every pet you have ever had, but sometimes there is one that continues to tug at your heart.  I couldn’t have a pet growing up, but a girl in my neighborhood had a Scottie.  I envied her for that!  

You will find so many wonderful people here, and so many of us love God’s creatures.  So much support in bad times, and so much happiness shared with pictures and cute stories.  

Please post often!  

Best wishes,

Pam

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Your Sweet Lily is now in a better place .. feeling peaceful & making loads of new friends at the Bridge.  That being said, so many of us have been heartbroken by our furbabies' passing.  They're so near & dear to our hearts.

Wishing you & DH peace, comfort & only pleasant memories of Dear Lily.  You'll be together one day.  Hugs to you both,

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Dear (((@PamfromCT ))),  I didn't see this thread until this evening.    I am so sorry about little lady Lily.   She was a lucky girl to be a part of your family.   You gave her a devoted, loving home, a safe harbor, and now with so much gentle and bittersweet care you tenderly ushered her into a pain-free peace, where she can dance and prance with all those she knew before and where she will patiently await those who will be there later.   Your tribute is lovely and heartbreaking, and all the posts are so eloquent and filled with compassion and understanding.   We do fall deeply in love with these precious creatures, and while they take with them a part of our heart they also become a part of our heart that remains behind.   (((gentle hugs)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

I don’t know if words help.  I have been in your situation many times and sincerely hope you can find comfort in all the good times you gave her.  I hope eventually you will be able to give another cat all the hapiness you gave to her.

Honored Contributor

Dear @PamfromCT 

My heart aches for your loss.  What a lovely girl she must have been.

I've said this before, but I believe we love them intensely while they are here, and then we love them enough to know when to let them go. And they trust us to do just that.  I know she is grateful.

I think Lily is a perfect name for a Maine Coon cat.  It makes me think of a fully developed blossom, bending in the wind with perfect grace, and sharing her beauty and joy with everyone who is lucky enough to connect with her.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Dear @GingerPeach, Thank you so much for your endearing comments.  It means so much.  We are missing her like crazy.  

I am sure you know, as you likely have gone through the same thing.  Bless you for your kindness.  

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @Bonkers1, Thank you for your kind words.  I don’t know if we will ever be pet parents again.  We are really up in years.  Sometimes I wonder if maybe some day we might provide foster care for a needy kitty.  So much to consider.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   I feel the same way. I would love another dog, but , I just feel  uneasy about getting one