Super Contributor

Re: OUR KITTY LILY CROSSED THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

So Sorry for your ; Loss Beloved Lilly,  rest in peace,I know  how it is, my girl 14 passed away this past Oct.i found a  support group  from the board here  maybe you can look up online meet 1 time a  week  Monday eve. lfor about a half hour  it is a  chat  room with others who lost pets we light a candle three is a poem & prayer read.

called  Petloss.com   

Take care maybe you will be there    I  am  Sierra on the chat.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT  - It never gets easier losing a beloved member of the family and that's what our pets are.  And when it's so sudden and unexpected, you have no time to adjust.

Take solace in the fact that you gave her love and a wonderful home and she gave you her love in return.  Your memories are forever.  (((Blessings)))  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Huge thanks to all who acknowledged our Lily’s passing.  Each and every message is so special to us.  For all who have gone through this, I am sorry.  And for all who have experienced the loss of their little ones and are still healing,  I do feel very badly for you.  You have all, my forum friends, touched our hearts.  Lily has now met our Skeeter the parakeet, Willie the Corgi, and Keiko, Snowball, and Callie, our dear adopted kitties in our family who all crossed the Bridge before her.  I am sure Lily has made fast friends with your beloveds who have already crossed.  May you all be blessed for your kindness to us.

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT   i am so sorry for the loss of your sweet, precious Lily.  I cried reading your post.  I had to put my cat Callie to sleep 2 years ago. I miss her very much. But I believe animals have souls, just as people do, and yes, they all go to heaven.  You will see your Lily again and she is happy and playing with all her new friends right now. I too have a gray and white cat named Lily.  A few months after my Callie passed, I adopted a seven year old cat from the shelter.  I named her Sophie.  She is very cuddly and loveable, just like my Callie was.  I believe that when our pets pass on, they send us another animal that is need of a home.  Your Lily will always be in your heart. God Bless you my friend.  

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I am sad to share the news that our beloved kitty Lily has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  We adopted her six years ago when she was four years old.  She was a beautiful Maine Coon, grey and white, with beautiful green eyes.  Lily was extremely friendly to everyone, very affectionate, and quite the kisser.  The original lovebug.  She was the sunshine for us two old retired folks.  

Her illness was short and profound.  Despite the best of care from our vets, it was obvious she had suffered severe neurological damage, likely from a stroke.  Our option was obvious, and today was her last day.  We spent time holding her, telling her how much we loved her and promised her she would cross the Bridge and be free of all pain, and make many new friends.  We promised someday we would be together again.  We thanked her for all the love she gave us.  She had a quick and peaceful passing, thanks to our caring vet.

This is so hard.  I am trying to be grateful for her first of all, but I would be lying if I said we weren’t crying for our baby.  I will miss her forever.

@PamfromCT My deepest sympathy to you all for the loss of your sweet Lily. I truly believe that animals capable of giving and receiving such love have souls. Also, heaven is supposed to be a place of complete joy and no sadness. My Callie would have to be with me in heaven for it to be complete joy so I know that she will be with me in heaven and your Lily will be with you all too. Until then you carry her in your heart, grateful for your memories, and the time you spent together here on earth. I’ll pray for you all that the lord takes away your pain and gives you his peace in knowing that you all will be with your baby girl again.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much.  I can’t even speak on the phone to my children yet, who both have dear pets and have suffered their losses.  My DH talks to them when they call.  I want to spare them the experience of hearing their mom in so much distress, as I know I would be breaking down pretty bad.  Last night was a very bad night, as you can imagine.  I dread calling my best friends who live far away.  One of them completely fell in love with Lily when they met, and Lily took to her in a big way.  She has Lily’s picture out.  She ends every call with “I love you, but you know who is my favorite.  Miss Lily.”

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Lily....your post brought tears to my eyes. Bless you, and take comfort in the joy she brought you. Thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

So sorry for your loss.  How wonderful that you had her, even for the short time.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @PamfromCT ,

I am so very terribly sorry for your loss of your beloved kitty Lily.

That is a grief that runs so very, very, deep.

We get used to their little pet habits and routines that they have for each of us in our families, and then they are no longer there, interacting with each of us in their own ways that they had for us. That is one of the hardest things to bear, I think.

I feel very sad for you, and share in your grief. 

Our Toppers is no longer with us, as she went to Rainbow Bridge at the end of January. Her chronic health conditions and her old senior kitty years finally caught up with her. I miss her dearly. 

There is nothing like the love of a pet, and that deep unconditional love that they have for us. It is so special and unique. Heart

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this very sad and difficult time. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Thank you so much.  I can’t even speak on the phone to my children yet, who both have dear pets and have suffered their losses.  My DH talks to them when they call.  I want to spare them the experience of hearing their mom in so much distress, as I know I would be breaking down pretty bad.  Last night was a very bad night, as you can imagine.  I dread calling my best friends who live far away.  One of them completely fell in love with Lily when they met, and Lily took to her in a big way.  She has Lily’s picture out.  She ends every call with “I love you, but you know who is my favorite.  Miss Lily.”

Pam Heart

There's a concealed secret we have that is so devoted with our pets, having such an affection or relationship.

You may remember back to over 29 months ago when KittieCream suddenly was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma after we had her almost seven months. I was crushed to witness her not being able to drink one drop of water that last day.

I do understand. You helped me so very much, as did @dooBdoo , @beastielove , @Tissyanne  and a host of the most caring friends I had, here.

We had taken that sweet little abandoned kitten- like - joyful fur babe,at age ten, to the veterinarian hospital more times than she was with us; I became totally immersed taking care of her without the knowledge of what was growing slowly.

The entire seven months caused me to be physically ill.

We have always had pets through our little son's life even after he graduated and moved away.

I had pets as early to being six years old to even now. I have lived through as I may count, over 20 different kitties and doggies.

We were there for each one as they left this earth. Some were very ill with cancer living to 17, 18- some died of mysterious deaths, amputation of legs due to sarcoma that came on so ever suddenly.

But with KitTEE ( the little feral that never came in) -(that lived through 3 harsh winters when I was warm)~ AND KittieCream that my husband brought home from the shelter the day after we found KitTEE dead from what appeared an animal bite.            She almost trusted us to come to the door.

If you can remember the one that caused me to be overwhelmed from her disease was KittieCream's.  She was so helpless; not one professional saw what   

I could not explain. Apparently they saw nothing.

She was abandoned on her birthday at age 10.

{{That family knew. Her family}}

Literally, I fell slowly from posting after she being released from pain.

So much love you had for Lily, that I knew.

I am hoping that you do take the need time to heal from this hurt. Do not shut yourself off, though.

Both kitties died, each situation was in a different kind manner to factor in. The hurt was the same.

I will conclude now with this:

~~ but believe that when we had -what neighbors defined as a HOBO cat, we took him in at around 5 years old.

He had FIV. 2011 -went missing. We had him for 6 years and most will remember on Pet Lovers over 110 posters stayed with me when he suddenly went missing on one beautiful day in December when I open the door (as usual) and for close to 10 months that post kept going.....Many followed that to the end. We never saw him again. 

There were updates, suggestions of how to find him, fliers put out, ads in the newspapers, phone calls coming in through the day saying he or she had seen him to no avail.    Yes, I understand. 

As I said - it hurts. It hurts bad. 

love for Lily and you. 

To all that have remembered, I had always thanked you. Many are no longer here, some posters have died, many became ill and post no longer. But EACH one will never forget that long 10 months sharing a very sad story.

NAES

@PamfromCT  HeartHeart