Esteemed Contributor

OUR KITTY LILY CROSSED THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

I am sad to share the news that our beloved kitty Lily has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  We adopted her six years ago when she was four years old.  She was a beautiful Maine Coon, grey and white, with beautiful green eyes.  Lily was extremely friendly to everyone, very affectionate, and quite the kisser.  The original lovebug.  She was the sunshine for us two old retired folks.  

Her illness was short and profound.  Despite the best of care from our vets, it was obvious she had suffered severe neurological damage, likely from a stroke.  Our option was obvious, and today was her last day.  We spent time holding her, telling her how much we loved her and promised her she would cross the Bridge and be free of all pain, and make many new friends.  We promised someday we would be together again.  We thanked her for all the love she gave us.  She had a quick and peaceful passing, thanks to our caring vet.

This is so hard.  I am trying to be grateful for her first of all, but I would be lying if I said we weren’t crying for our baby.  I will miss her forever.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OUR KITTY LILY CROSSED THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

@PamfromCT  I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Lily.  Our Trixie just crossed on Monday, so she will be waiting for Lily.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby.  Lily is playing and happy with our Beloved Goldie!!!

Trusted Contributor

untitled.png

Respected Contributor

Yes, you will miss her forever. But that's what love is all about. It hurts when they've gone. I am so sorry about Lily's passing. 

Valued Contributor

I am truly sorry for your loss. They are never “just pets” they are our family. 

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty kat - Lily. She sounds like she was quite the beauty and sweet too.  Losing a pet is a heart breaker.  I hope in time your heart will begin to mend, but at least you know in your heart you did the best for her.  She knows that too. Heart

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Our prayers are with you.  Your pain and tears are real but your Lily is no longer in pain.

My 11 yr old Grayson kitty crossed the rainbow bridge 3 weeks ago tomorrow. 

Bless you and your family.

Honored Contributor

Condolences, @PamfromCT, on your loss of Lily.  It is so hard to lose these little ones, as we find with each one that goes.  Wishing you peace.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Such a loss,  please allow me to add wishes for Peace for you, Miss Lilly, and your family.

We welcome them into our hearts, they give us much Love and Joy, when they leave, a piece of our heart goes with them, it hurts SO much.

Thank you for the gifts you gave to her.  Hopefully, soon the beautiful memories will sooth you, but first will come the tears.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras