Trusted Contributor

Re: OT/My brother is in critical condition after car accident,prayers needed please

Thanks for the update. I've been checking in to see how Tommy is doing. Prayers continue to come for you both.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

Re: OT/My brother is in critical condition after car accident,prayers needed please

Thank you for the update beauty, will continue prayers for Tommy and for you.
Trusted Contributor

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers which have been surely working as Tommy is still here and tonight was doing much better. They removed the vent so he was able to speak to our Mom,just a quick hello but she was so happy. Mom has alzheimers but she is actually doing a little better now and is aware whats happening. Tommy's caretaker will be stopping by to check on Mom.His next surgery will be on Thursday,thats to fix the broken back, They are hoping keeping him in a brace will be enough for the neck and no more surgery there. If he comes through the next surgery then I think he will make it. He is for sure the strongest man and must have a will of iron. The doctors and nurses are in awe. Mom has been really bad and lost her faith but we know its her illness but tonight she said God is watching over your brother and he must want him here.My sister who lives in NC was there till tonight when she had to go home to go to work,she has been a saint. I hate that I am not there but wouldn't be of much help to anyone till they can get my back better.My RA is in a bad flare but as soon as the back can tolerate traveling I will be going.Once Tommy will be out of IUC and in a room,thats when I can at least help to feed him and be somewhat useful.If you can please keep praying for Tommy till the surgery is over and they feel he will survive I would be so very grateful. Its everyones prayers that have kept my brother here,of that I am certain.

I wanted to thank everyone individually but having a time typing today with these sausage fingers,lol

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

May God hold him and all of you in his healing hands, and our prayers are included, and many thanks for the updates.

Regular Contributor

I just found this thread & sending prayers for your brother & your entire family.......

Honored Contributor

beauty, the news keeps getting better and better! Thank you for the updates and we will keep praying!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello beauty 'j'

~I have thought of your 'flare up'(s), only from a medical post observation, and do understand your need to be with your brother as soon as possible. ~

Also, the ability that your sister was there from the beginning, after learning of this accident, was wonderful to hear. This has to be very difficult for your mother; I know she is more than overwhelmed-at any age. The caretaker to Tommy is really good news. He/she can be his advocate as a spokesperson then pass what [he-she] learns. With that, there is someone who can make contact with you immediately. The progress report, to me, appears very good at this time. I continue to have you and your family in my ever present daily prayers.

I have seen many incidents (cases) as severe as with your Tommy, just not lately... a quadriplegic. Each patient had come through beautifully. How very brave this brother of yours is. I will POST check in after thursday, providing the pending surgery has been begun or was over. Scheduling can always change for many reasons. That should be the time when he will be moved to a rehabilitation room. ICU would be better, though. BUT! Not the usual procedure. We will know more by friday.

Hugs and Smiles for you as the days pass. I do believe that Tommy's (in home) caregiver will be there ( in private room) for feedings or those little extras- when a nurse assistant cannot. Each day leads me to believe he is on the mend. What A Horrible Experience To Have been In The Water For That Long.

_Naes

Monday: March 16, 2015

Honored Contributor

Hi beauty, I am still praying for Tommy, and your family. I hope you are doing okay, and that your back is feeling better. God please extend your healing hand to this family, who has a critical need at this time. Please bring peace to their hearts, and though distance in miles separates them, let them feel each other's presence.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you all so much for caring and continuing to pray for Tommy. They operated today on his spine. They said it was necessary.The surgery was a lengthy one but he came through it ok.If everything goes well,God willing,they will have him sitting up in bed in a day or two. I feel that if he does well in the next few days he really is going to survive the most horrific accident and being paralyzed and doing as well as he is,truly remarkable.. His caretaker is stopping by and checking on our Mom. What was very sad was he didn't remember our Dad had passed away and when my sister told him he broke down. He is confused but they feel its all due to the accident and not a lack of oxygen as when asked who started Facebook he knew the answer,truly remarkable.I am going to my ortho DR tomorrow for steroid shots in the back. Hopefully next month I will be able to visit. I can't travel now per the DR.My back could go out causing more aggravation then needed. But after the shots and possible another round of the I am going in April if I have to be airlifted,lol.

I am so grateful to each and everyone of you and if not for all the prayers I know I would have lost my brother.

NAES than you for all your medical expertise and your prayers,thank you just doesn't seem enough.

beauty junkie

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

For your brother Tommy...

Image result for sending healing prayers your way

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~