Esteemed Contributor

Re: OT/My Brother passed away during the night

I just read where your doctor had told you that your struggle with lupus was not in remission. Above this post I read where you are not feeling well -period.

I know how the humidity affect me, so I do understand how heat related episodes flare up your entire body. Also, I know that monday's May 04th was THE one month- since Tommy died which I can understand how much you went back to that day one more time. I thought of you throughout those hours. Pain is pain, no matter who has it. Young, old, or animals.

I ran across an affordable health plan (insurance) that you may be interested in. CAHI. I thought it worth mentioning since {apparently}there is an advocacy where you may get more information for the condition you are in. The research may be of some benefit once you know more about it. I did not. If not anything that you find appropriate, then let me know.

ph# 1-703-836-6200 /appears the office is in Alexandria, Va. There should be an address when you pull that up, but though the ph. number would more simple than to write. I believe there is an email address with that. In fact, I have a www. broward health dot org Us/?id {Put all together for a legit website}: I spaced on purpose.

I found it by browsing, so know little about the, if any, assistant.. that walks you through.

1-954-355-4400 ^for that website. You may be familiar with that org. better than me.

_Naes

Trusted Contributor

Naes thanks so much for all the information. I am jotting down names and numbers. I am on SSDI and have Medicare but we opted for an HMO and it was pretty good till this year when they changed their copays. I cannot change ins. till Dec when they do Medicare enrollment but am looking for a decent plan thats affordable but will allow me to have diagnostic tests without having to rob a bank.

This Sat is the memorial for my brother by his daughter. His ashes will be taken out to sea by a friend. Its so sad that both my sister and I will not be there. Cindy has Mom to contend with and its been really hard for her and I am so unwell and can't travel. I'd like to think Tommy would understand us not being there. There will be the other memorial by the veterans hospital May 29th.Maybe I can make,Cindy is going to try as its only a 3 hour car ride for her.

Thanks so much for all your help. Hope you and you family are doing ok and our boys(Pal&Cream) are playing in Heaven. The not knowing is utter torture but I feel in my heart they are in Heaven.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

...yes, I had remembered the date, May 09 /Saturday. I know that your brother would and does understand all of these difficult situations. I would put my mind to rest, there is no need to add more worry for something that is almost virually impossible. I do have a great appreciation for the friends of Tommy being there. How much more could another friend do for you and your family by swimming out during this memorial? Tommy wishes will have closure. That is important for you, I know.

I, as well as you, will never be able to explain what a no closure surely is. I often think of Cream every day. For someone who has always been around illness and seen patients in pain, it is not the same when we speak of a pet, especially one whose life was not cared for in the beginning. Of course I have a very sensitive view of homeless pets who have no voice. People in general do have resources to some degree, I would believe.

There is The Council for Affordable Health Insurance. (WEBSITE). That was where I found the CAHI dot org. I did not think that was one of the better choices. Also, there was someone last year ( on the boards) who had some sites for her in reference to dental care. I will find her and ask. She found this particular one very good for her and there was a pymt. plan.

Cindy having your mother to care for, would be yet another hardship for her to handle, at this time. Your mother needs her care. That is the most important need she has to be thinking about now. if she becomes ill, then the dominio effect will begin.

As I promised, I will be with you in spirit, hopefully others here, will also.

You have been great through all of this. Not many know of your plight. I do.

~~sending a big hug, _Naes

Honored Contributor

Hi beauty, I have been reading your posts every day over on the Schmoo thread, and keeping up on your news over there. I know Tommy would understand you not being able to travel. To be with him in love and spirit is just as meaningful in my mind. I sure hope you can get the tests you need soon. Is your breathing better? I too believe that Pal and Cream are with our other kitties in heaven. I can see Buddy right there with them. Feel better, and take care of you.,
Trusted Contributor

Naes and Tissyanne thank you so much for everything.Its been a bad time for me as a friend had a massive stroke and she passed away yesterday. She was only 56.I am so sad,she just got engaged and was so excited and showed me a picture of her dress. Boy this has been some year.

My niece out the most lovely obituary in the paper up North and and in Va for my brother,it was really touching. My Aunt said she will call me and tell me all about the memorial but so far no one is video taping it.

Tissyanne I look forward to the day when I will see all my fur babies and maybe we will all get to meet each other and our pets. I know my Buddy was such lovable fellow he will make friends with everyone.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

That is very young, at age 56 to have had a stroke. I agree with you......this has been "some year" for you, your family and now your friend. I am becoming -somewhat-use to news, now, of so many under the age of 60s & 50s having diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes. Indeed this was sad to hear, though. I have sincere thoughts for her family, especially the groom to be. I will relay to you that this is not as uncommon as one would believe.

I know tomorrow, May 09th- Long Island, N.Y. is the memorial. I would be guessing the memorial will be around noon- est. I suppose maybe we will hear later, via your niece will state the time, if not I will be thinking from early am to evening.

My mother died very young, not too long ago on this date, so I have been thinking of how much I miss her and always cherished her love. I have mentioned this several time through other threads, since I have been here- 3.5+ years. I had gone home for my birthday to celebrate with my parents, we went shoppin, ate out, even attented a good friend's funeral. I was home two weeks when my brother-in-law called me. He was the only one fro the family who could tell me, without breaking down. He is a physician, so he did his best with our horrible shocking news, as a physician usually can do, even though he loved her as his own mother. This was before I was on community boards. I know, you too, are hoping for the best for your mother.

Remember, my husband had a stroke 16 months ago, hospitalized for over one month, along with an infection, which should have taken his life at that time. No one would remotely ~even guess~ that he would be the one who became hit with all of this. Picture of health and never ill. Count every day as your last and love each other, as though you would if you had not seen he or she in years.

_Naes

Trusted Contributor

Beauty Junkie, I am so sorry for your loss! I hope the memories you have with your brother help you through this very difficult time.
Esteemed Contributor

Thinking of you today Beauty Junkie as a special day for you in memory of your beloved brother. It's fitting that he's being taken out to the sea, which is constantly in motion and strong and powerful -- just as your brother was.

We are praying for some relief from your pain. When your heart hurts, all other pain becomes magnified, too. DH and I think of you always, and send nothing but good wishes your way for some measure of peace and comfort.

Trusted Contributor

Today was a solemn day but after hearing about Tommy's memorial I feel better.

Naes I have some memory issues lately and forgot that this day is a hard day for you.On this day of Tommy's memorial my friend Patty was laid to rest. I was unable to go to her funeral as I am covered in hives and not feeling too great but she is also in a better place. I wonder if one day everyone will get to meet,that would be so amazing. I hope Mothers Day isn't too hard for you.I miss my MIL and my Mom,even though she is with us she really isn't with us anymore.

Sammycat I loved what you said about Tommy's ashes and the sea,such a beautiful thought.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My mother taught me love, joy, peace, what long -suffering was, and all the other Christian virtues which round all of us out ~ a ~ Christlike personality. Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding in her children, so I have learned that for my own. Every mother owes it to her children to accept Christ (my faith) to accept Christ as her- his personal Savior. Christ graciously had given her to me. She taught me of God's Heaven, so I know we will be with each one after we leave this earth.

My mother lives through me every day of my life. My father will also. I miss her dearly.

She molded my being. She is with God. How blessed I was to have had her as MY MOTHER.

lovingly,