Trusted Contributor

Re: OT/My Brother passed away during the night

Thanks for everything Naes. Boy did you explain the medication well. I will never switch meds again. I have issues like you,sudafed could give me a heart attack. Even Nyquil makes me have palpitations.Only generic Zyrtec has no die effects but helps with my allergies.

Mr Dr's office is calling the ins co on Monday to see why the hold up. I want my tests.I want to have some answers. I hope theres something that can help with the constant pressure and labored breathing.

Tommy's memorial in Long Beach NY is May 9th at the beach,just what he wanted. I'm sad I can't go but I know he would understand.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

Hi BJ. The info from NAESE is helpful to a lot of us. I'm relieved to hear that your hives and itching aren't quite as bad now. Also glad to hear that Tommy's service is all set. Maybe someone could do a video. We had a beautiful memorial service for my brother. My SIL arranged for another family member to do it and sent each of us sisters a copy. I was at the service but it was mostly a blur at the time, so having the dvd to watch has turned out to be an unexpected blessing.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Silver. Yes the information from Naes is very helpful indeed. Thanks os much for posting here and being so kind. I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. I like the idea of the DVD.I hope they do video the memorial.Breaks my heart I can't be there and my sister can't either as she is caring for our mom who has alzheimers.There will be friends and family there and maybe someone will think to video it for us.

Our brothers are in a wonderful place,this I do believe to be true. Its us here who have to endure the pain and loss.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

Yes, my brother has been gone for several months and it's still rough. I remember on your original TKK thread last year(?) I was talking about going to his annual Christmas get-together. I said I had a lot of nerve taking an Edward's lemon pie to their house when my SIL was such a wonderful cook. You said don't worry about it, you'd love a slice of it yourself.
Honored Contributor

Hi beauty, I hope you get the tests you need very soon. I am praying for you and your family during this stressful time, and knowing that you are being watched over. Tommy's memorial service sounds like it will be a wonderful honor to a great man. I do hope you can get a video sent to you.
Esteemed Contributor

Hello beauty 'j',

I have not been here for several days but certainly wanted to check on you.

Sending prayerful love to you as I question about your health this day. I know that you will know more when you have your next office visit with the doctor.

I was also wondering if the humidity there is at one of its highest or somewhat low for this time of the season? I have thought about your situation for Tommy's May memorial.

It would be so nice if there was anyway to have someone to take in consideration that you are not able to attend. If not, then I will be with you in spirit on that day.

Let me know how your mom does on this day. I am sure others, also would appreciate any news reguarding this.

Your comfort with Cookie through that day, will be so rewarding. There is so much love of praise when you speak of her.

Any updated news on when or where your mother may be living? Everything is so overwhelming and has been since April 04 and prior to.........

_Naes

Trusted Contributor

Silver you have a good memory regarding the pie,sadly my memory these days isn't too great.I do love that pie though. Hope you are doing ok.

Tisane thank you so much.Tommy's memorial will be really nice.theres more family going then I had anticipated and his ashes are for sure going out to sea on a surfboard. His friend rented a wetsuit cause the water is quite cold but his wishes will be honored.

Names thanks for everything. Mom is failing and my sister is still not ready to place her in a facility which I don't like either but its not good for Cindy's younger son. Her memory is so bad and her heath is failing and the sadness,she just wants to be with my Dad and brother and honestly I don't blame her..

I was scheduled for my tests this FRi but they said my copay was over $600.00 so I had to cancel,do not have that money. I spoke with my ins and they are working on it to see if theres any other options. I have an HMO,I don't get these charges. Our weather has been very humid,horrible which doesn't help my breathing but I think its a combo of things. My costrondritis is horrendous,the pain is everyday,I think I may COPD or asthma and I hope its not my leaky valve getting worse. Its is what it is,its in God's hands really.

I hope someone will video the memorial but os far no one has said they will.

Its funny what you said regarding Cookie,she is here with me right now on the desk being so loving and she just makes life so much better.

Thanks for everything,hope you and your family are well. I still pray that Cream and Pal are together in Heaven,happy,healthy and playing.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm online just to check on you, sweet lady. It hurts to know that your pain is so unrelenting. I immediately said a prayer for you. I feel so sad for your mom and your sister. My mother didn't have Alzheimer's but her dementia was so awful for her, I cry just thinking about it. One of the saddest days in my life was when she smiled at me while we were talking and said I'm so sorry but I don't know who you are. She was embarressed because she was confused but at least I could comfort her. The times she was frightened and in physical pain were the worst. My prayer for your mother is that she be relieved of her fear and suffering and have peace. I can't do paragraphs typing on this tablet so will do a new post.
Respected Contributor

Hopefully, the insurance people will find a way to help with the co-pays or get the facility to agree to reduce them or something for your tests. Everything has caved in on you and you're now in a fight for your life. There's only so much you can do. Just take one day, or one hour, or one minute at a time when you feel completely overwhelmed. I'm so glad your dear Cookie is right there to love on you, beauty.
Trusted Contributor

Silver your post regarding your Mom brought me to tears. Just streaming down my face,thats so sad. I know this isn't my Mother any more and it makes me so sad. My sister said tonight she doesn't think Mom will be here too much longer. The loss of Tommy was the last straw,she has lost the will to go on.She is so frail and pretty much staying in bed now. Its been a really rought me and I want to see her but I don't feel ell at all and I still haven't heard form my ins co yet on whether or not they can find a place where the copay is reasonable.

Thank you so much for your kindness and prayers for my Mom.I truly appreciate it.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!