Super Contributor

Re: OT/My Brother passed away during the night

BJ -just have to say, I totally agree with Sammycat. You have one of the kindest hearts I've known and are a true friend. I'm so thankful for Mr. Schmoo and Sammycat for bringing us all together. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone.I want to thank all of you.

NAES thank you for everything and for sharing the horrible tragedy that happened to your husbands cousin,so awful and os very young. Life can be so challenging for so many and sometimes its hard to pick put he pieces and go on but we have to. We had quite a bit happen at one time so it really got to me and my health but I am doing a bit better thank you.

Thank you big sister,Hildegarde Withers,LucyLover64, meditation is tough but I am really trying to do it and also praying,emmysMom.Tissyanne,my Dear friend,Silver lining you are so right about Cookie helping me,she has been a life saver for me. When I would cry and she would climb on my chest and sniff my face,I just had to smile.Pandalady thank you so much and I am sorry you have health issues and lung disease,so so sorry. Now I have to see the Dr for possible COPD,the DR isn't sure whats happening but I need some tests on my lungs.You are so right that stress has a big effect on our health,I hope it now that thins are finally settling down I will feel better.grand thank you so much for being such a good friend and its because of Dear Mr Schmoo that we got to know each other,what an amazing kitty he was and of course his family.

Sammycat I just broke down reading your post,thank you so very much for inviting all of us into your life and introducing us to the magically wonderful Mr Schmoo.

Today has been a rough one as my Mom who is ailing with dementia had to leave her home which she has lived in for a long time and its not easy for her to pack up and say goodbye. My sister said it was so sad as she looked into Tommy's room one last time and said I miss you so much.The house now goes up for sale soon.Closure I guess.It was nice to hear my Mom laughing a bit tonight as my sister and her family have 2 rescue dogs and they instantly took to our Mom,she said to me they are following me everywhere.We all know how amazing animals are and maybe they can help my Mom with her grief.

Thank you all so much for helping me through this terrible time in my life,couldn't do it without you all.

beauty junkie

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Hello beauty 'j' here a big hug for you.

I have just read the brief notes you gave about your mom and her condition. I was going to ask friday but thought this was too early for you to possibly know in detail.

I know how it must be (but cannot relate, personally) for your mother to have lost her husband, having Alzheimer's, trying to take care of Tommy in his condition, even though he had a caregiver around- for a few hours a day. Losing a husband, losing a grandson, living through a son's disability who almost lived in a wheelchair, then losing that son. Now... that is something that most of us will never live through, having members of their family taken one by one. She is a woman of great resources, while I will 'say'- contributing courage to maintain some life of her own. I know that she must be an ever presence of concern on your mind. But! As I read further your gem of a sister is finding her a home place. Your sister has been through a great challenge traveling from one state to another. Also, when she said bye to Tommy as she closed the door. These are real hardships!

I can only imagine the stress you have been under.

I could count each post, number by number, but 'we' on Pet Lovers know that you have grieved since the onset, not to dismiss your mother-in-law's death, also. I am assuming that you had no back up family members close by that (maybe) knew of these tradegies so suddendly. What horrible weeks this has been for you, including Pal being gone. Yes, without any doubts the major effect on you was having no control coupled with the severe inflammation and the on going healt issues you have each day........and I do know of that inflammation throughout your ribcage area pressing against your lungs. I am relieved that you are having {this} doctor's appointment soon.

Thank you in reading the story about my husband's cousin, at that time. This proves to me, along with others that we are so `OH very fragile. Who would have ever thought that was her last goodbye, but I told you for a reason, that most families go through an unbelievable amount of trials. Some survive. Some do not. As the stress decreases so does the emotional aspect, not be as "raw". The hurt or emotional distress never quite leaves us. For me, this would be what would seem, a lifetime. I have you, your sister, mother and husband in my prayers. And your Pal~

I thought of you all week end. What you might be doing; were you eating well and do you get enough rest?

SmileI want to see you better very soon. _Naes

Honored Contributor

Hi beauty, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I sure hope you are feeling better. Give Cookie some treats, and let her rest with you nearby. I know you love her, and she can bring you comfort. Good night.
Honored Contributor

Hi beauty, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I sure hope you are feeling better. Give Cookie some treats, and let her rest with you nearby. I know you love her, and she can bring you comfort. Good night.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Beauty, Just wanted to send a warm hug your way this morning. I pray you found a little rest over the weekend. I am so sorry your family is going through so much at this time. I pray the days ahead start looking a bit better. (Hugs my Friend)

Respected Contributor

BJ, How are you feeling? I hope you are doing okay. Still praying for you and all of your family.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone and thank you all so much.

NAES you really described my mOm's situation so well and it breaks my heart what she has had to endure. My sister has sent me pictures and my Mom's eye are beyond sad and she just isn'tthe woman she used to be and I hate it. She is doing ok but today woke up and was lost,where am I. Its heartbreaking that she had to leave her home but Cindy my sister is an angel and really trying hard and so is her family. I so want to go and help but can't yet. I was at the Doctors today,my rheumatologist and he is ordering a lung function test and an Echo Doppler of my heart. I have quite a bit of discomfort in most of my chest and quite breathless. I hope they find out whats happening,fix it so I can travel.Thank you so very much for the prayers and concerns and just listening.You are an angel.

Tissyanne you have always been there for me and so very kind and caring even with your issues and I thank you.

Shop taking time to write to me with all thats on your plate,thank you and I honestly do pray daily for you and your Mom and family and Joey.

Silver Lining its so good to hear form you and I am touched by your kindness. Life has been so hard for all of my family and we have had many tragedies but these last 4 weeks were truly brutal. There was the hope that Tommy was going to make it but I guesshis body wasn't as strong as he was.

Thank you all so much,from the bottom of my broken heart.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

`beauty 'j',

I am hoping that the sonography displays no heart damage but do feel that your physician is obviously trying her/his best in retrieving that there is no dangerous image coming back. I do remember you mentioned copd from one of your posts. The echocardiography is like a chart that brings a film of any ventricular pressures. The two are completely different but are usually done together.

The doctor compares the *left of the heart with the (right). He's accessing more of the *left. Also your breathing- the shortness of breath will read out and interpret those results. I will wait with you when there is more results-

The (and you may have heard him saying diastolic) function or detecting of these tests simply indicate the speed or pumping capacity when the heart is at its rest. This can (may) help the doctor to know whether {chest pain} fullness is related to the heart.

The [echo]cardiography is exactly like an imagine (moving on the screen) of ventricular pressure(s). The Doppler displays tissue -the underlying causes. Pretty much about the flow of blood/ circulation. I have not heard if you have asthma or any type of heart disease from an earlier year. "This is not an EKG"

You said that your sister was trying so hard for her family. That is a very difficult undertaking and I do understand that you want to be there. I am sure she understands. I am giving your mother a great deal of courage- a lot-... under the circumstances. I cannot ignor the fact -ever- that she could not have a look of being lost. Totally lost. To be of that age without any notice, suddenly moving, would be a horrible situation for anyone to be in for 'almost; anyone. I know of hardly any one person that could make this period of transition. I though for awhile that your mother may be moving in with Cindy.

It would be much easier if you were close, had a caregiver for your mom and yourself, but it appears there is no chance of that, so I understand you waking uo to being lost.

I will wait, along with everyone else. Prayerfully yours, _Naes

Respected Contributor

Checking to see how you're feeling, beauty. Maybe I missed it but seeing NAES's comments made me wonder where your mom will be living. If you don't mind saying, assisted living or a memory care residence?