Honored Contributor

Re: OT/My Brother passed away during the night

On 4/9/2015 Bird mama said:

Cathy, I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Hugs to you...

This is precious.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been here but had a scare with my health. The stress is getting to me and had really high BP and very rapid pulse and couldn't breathe well without my chest hurting. Dr thinks its a combo of my arthritis in my chest,possible COPD and the stress affected my adrenal tumor making my BP go way too high I am now feeling better and will be getting checked again on Monday. The stress just made everything I have wrong with me go berserk. My Dr wants me to meditate.I did relax today with Cookie on my lap and now when I feel like things are too much, I just can't let it get to me.There are so many things going on since the passing of Tommy and my not being able to go really upset me but the Dr said I simply cannot travel.

Shop thank you for posting on this thread with all you have going on in your life. I do pray for you and your Mom and of course Joey.Hope your mOm feel better and things aren't too rough on her this time around.

Tissyanne you are always so kind and I so appreciate it,hope your Sugarbear is doing well.

beastie,you are such great lady and thank you for still praying

lucylover64 thank you so so much for your kind post and you prayers for my family which we os need right now.

Bird Mama what a lovely and touching picture,I love it.

Sammy cat you sure are one great writer,your words brought me to tears,just streaming down my face. I was so very touched by what you wrote.I can't believe your DH asks for me and our Pal.I know from your posts what a wonderful man you married and to be concerned for me and Pal,I was just amazed.Knowing that MrSchmoo is cheering me on is such a comfort,he sure was a gladiator and he gave it one heck of a fight and I will too so I don't let my brave little feline down.

Thank you all so so much.

beauty junkie

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I have not been here for several days but in reading what you have told us about your inability to travel was the correct advice from your doctor, as I mentioned many posts ago.

There is never any easy way to adjust to such a sudden accident, as Tommy went through. I have read further up when you spoke of he being in a wheelchair with no control in either his arm or legs. What courage that had to have been. I think all of us can learn a great lesson from that condition which merits words -without saying~

Also, I told you that the health condition you have, is a struggle too complicated to imagine, so that was why I tried to explain, hopefully, how you had to cope, along with learning to have less stress in your life. ~`beauty 'j', there was no way that you could have lived through this any better than you have. I truly believe this! I have told my husband this entire story from the beginning to the end, so he knows of you without personally being connected.

We spoke of you just yesterday. He told me of the story-again, as I have known since we were engaged, when his cousin was returning to college from Christmas break at the age of 18. She and her two girlfriends were in the back of the car, the driver was a boy friend of one of her best friends. A semi truck skid on the highway ice and plowed into the car. She, Brenda, was the only one that was killed. Brenda was like a sister to him. My husband is an only child. The news cames to him while he was enrolling into his college; -this was about one month after he left home, saying good bye. The family was torn beyond grief. My husband was unable to get back through the very bad weather, many states away. I did not know him when this happened. We may not go through life as you and my husband's experiences, but we do have events that takes us to very dark places. I said in one of my recent posting (before Tommy), we do not know what person, member of the family or pet will die..... but bad things happen sometimes in 'all' of our lives.

Please take care of yourself, firstly. You have to rely on your own power to grieve through this. It Hurts! We all care about you and will stay with you. Please know that we do care. _Naes

lovingly,

Respected Contributor

I am thinking of you beauty junkie and wish you peace.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Beauty Junkie,

I am just reading through posts since returning from surgery and saw this from you. I wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. I was also touched by how you have been ill on top of everything. I would never try to understand how you are feeling as a sister who has lost her brother. However, I do have a chronic lung disease and I know that worry, stress, sadness, etc...Just about anything can exasperate it. If I could give you a nice big hug today, I would. Cyber hugs from me to you ((((((((Beauty)))))))))

Hugs and prayers!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

I've been thinking about you, beauty, and have wondered how your appointment went. It sounds like your doctor sees how badly the last weeks are affecting your already delicate health. I'm so happy you have Cookie to help calm you. I think stroking her and listening to her purr are a lot like meditating. I find myself relaxing and smiling when one of my furbabies cuddles with me. Hugs to you (((((beauty)))))
Honored Contributor

Hi beauty. I am thinking of you, and hope that you are feeling better. Let the load be just a little lighter from your shoulders by knowing so many of us across the country are pulling for you. Give Cookie a stroke from me, and tell her to watch over you.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Bird mama said:

Cathy, I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Hugs to you...

Precious!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

beauty--Meditation can be so very powerful and helpful....yet, it can also be very difficult when there are so many struggles. Good for you that you are trying! One minute at a time. One second at a time. And take deep, slow breaths: our bodies and minds need it, especially when our hearts are aching. Keep us posted as you are able and know that you are in my prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Beauty, I'm sorry the stress is affecting your health so much -- DH and I wish we could wipe away your tears and your hurt. We would do it in an instant. We thought of you today when we went to the shelter from which we adopted Schmoo to see some memorial pavers that we donated in his honor (see the Schmoo report for the full story and pic if you're up to it).

I write this because it was 9 years ago this coming Tuesday that we adopted him, and because we did, our fighter kitty led us to you . . . and a finer, more kindhearted friend we could not find if we spent the rest of our days trying.

Please know our thoughts are with you every day, that you begin to find some small measure of peace, and that your health slowly restores after this shock.