Esteemed Contributor

Re: OT/Latest update on my brother/very critical

I know that you are totally overwhelmed with worry and do understand why you can not write anymore than you have just given us, beauty 'j'. I do not expect you to.

I had hoped that there would be no further concern about bacteria. You have said it correctly, the pic; it's a PICC. That is a very thin wire type catheter that feeds into the pathway leading to the area; called= (cellulitis) -(leg surgery). This threading acts as an accessible "means" to enable an extended sterile line of medicine. This is then secured where the surgical area is- to prevent further bacteria to travel deep in to tissue surrounding wound. Antibiotics are fed through this tube. For a longer amount of time. Anytime there is is a hole, puncture, or wound, then the chances increases that causes cellulitis. The bacteria is of a strain of staph.../staphyl(coccus). I would not be honest with you if I knew this, then did not explain it as I have.

I never questioned you about the physical therapy (rehabilitation), because I never thought he was anywhere near that, having two surgeries back -to -back. The water from the dirty pond holds a lot of horrible bacteria that (may) have been more than [they] thought.

I do want you to be aware of the word you mentioned on the 1st alert before this one, when you said sepsis. I believe I mentioned I would want to be careful of NO mrsa occuring.

My prayer and concern is for you, along with Tommy's home health. Although, I would rather have him in ICU, I can understand why they are releasing him (possibly more for being home in familiar surroundings. It is rather unlikely any ICU keeps patients in ICU.

I am unable to say how sorry I am- that you have to be going through this. I continue to pray. That the extended antibiotics kill out all of the infection(s).

Honored Contributor

Oh Beauty Junkie - I missed the part of Tommy's injury where he had a chest tube. Holy Mother of God - my sister had one, twice. {#emotions_dlg.scared} I am so glad they removed that thing from Tommy.

I'm keeping Tommy and you in my prayers.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Cathy...Happy to hear Tommy is doing much better & Out of the ICU...hope you are feeling better too! Take Care...

beastielove, beauty & NASE...Thank you for such a Nice Complement!

NASE...Praying for Cream{#emotions_dlg.wub} Always Forever in your Heart.

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

beauty...

Even though I don't post here all of the time please know that I do stop by each day to read all of your updates and that I still have Tommy in my prayers every day.

I also have you in my prayers as well...hoping that your health is improving and because I know that you miss your precious Pal so much.

I'm still holding out for your ""Pal Miracle"".

(((((((((((BEAUTY)))))))))))

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Super Contributor

Beauty, May God wrap His arms around your dear brother, and give him strength. May this Easter season give you hope to endure these trials you both are facing. It's hard, but your pray warriors are walking beside you!
Esteemed Contributor

Beauty, thinking of you, your dear brother, your entire family and Pal. We're all here whenever you need us and our prayers continue. I'll put a special photo of Schmoo on his thread tonight for you.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2015 MarLoCat said:

Cathy...Happy to hear Tommy is doing much better & Out of the ICU...hope you are feeling better too! Take Care...

beastielove, beauty & NASE...Thank you for such a Nice Complement!

NASE...Praying for Cream{#emotions_dlg.wub} Always Forever in your Heart.

We have our Cream in our hearts each day. He will always be our Cream. I have photos of Cream on the computer photo series when when he was living a life so secure and happy... as a little kitten. I can look at those more often, now; thinking soon of printing my favorite and placing it in our Holy Bible. Each day when I turn to a new page his photo will be among the words of God. Many little things come and go, but reading that you have not forgotten is an indefinable sensation.
MarLoCat, you are so precious.

I hold on dearly for God's will to keep Tommy and beauty 'j' for many prayers that each of us have prayed and continue to.

Praying for Cream (LOVE) Always Forever in your heart~ that was beautiful.

What a wonderful friend you prove to be~ ALWAYS~

Honored Contributor

Beauty, I am praying for peace to come into your heart during this very difficult time. We are here when you are able to post, and the ring of love is still around you.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. I am truly over whelmed by everyones kindness and all the prayers are just so amazing I can't even say. MarLoCat you truly do post such lovely pictures,thank you so much.

Tommy is relatively stable,I fear he will never truly recover though but its no up to me or even the doctors,only God knows. Every time he seems to be doing better,something else happens.

NAES your medical expertise is so helpful,hope the pic helps the leg.I am in no way able to visit as this darn costrocontritis is really bad. I am getting so desperate for relief I may consider a steroid shot in my sternum,I admit I don't like that idea too much but the constant feeling of a hippo on my chest is getting on my nerves.

Anyway its almost Easter,and miracles do happen so maybe my family will get one. We sure have a lot of prayers coming our way and thats better then anything. I thank you all fromo the bottom of my heart, truly you are all angels.

Pal is probably in Heaven with Cream& Buddy and all of your babies who have gone to the bridge. I miss him so much.

beauty junkie

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Beauty, I hope you had a restful day. I am hoping that Tommy is doing better on this Friday night.