Respected Contributor

ONCE. YOU. FIND. THE. PERFECT. LIPSTICK......

Finally found a very close replacement to my favorite lipstick that is no longer available.  Two years ago I ordered multiple tubes of Kasbah by Rommel from an Amazon seller.  Color is no longer on their website.

After a long time trying to find the unique color, I almost gave up but a young sales associate at Dillard’s said let’s try the dupe approach and searched on line with me.  Two brands came up but one from MAC looked viable.

Stopped in Ulta and the MAC associate showed me the color in question but it looked totally different.  Then she found “ Mull It Over “ and it was extremely close to my tube.  Bought it.....so now, I am sure MAC will soon discontinue it, lol !!!

Love the Dillard’s approach to customer service....wish they would expand North !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: ONCE. YOU. FIND. THE. PERFECT. LIPSTICK......

I had the exact same problem .. found a Vera Wang lipstick that was

perfect .....just the right light pinky with just the right amount of

brown/taupe .... just the consistency I like ....but they discontined it ..

I went out and bought all i could find ....i have found something close ....

Trusted Contributor

Custom Cosmetics (online) will duplicate your lipstick or lipgloss.  There is also another company that provides this service, but I can't remember the name.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Finally found a very close replacement to my favorite lipstick that is no longer available.  Two years ago I ordered multiple tubes of Kasbah by Rommel from an Amazon seller.  Color is no longer on their website.

After a long time trying to find the unique color, I almost gave up but a young sales associate at Dillard’s said let’s try the dupe approach and searched on line with me.  Two brands came up but one from MAC looked viable.

Stopped in Ulta and the MAC associate showed me the color in question but it looked totally different.  Then she found “ Mull It Over “ and it was extremely close to my tube.  Bought it.....so now, I am sure MAC will soon discontinue it, lol !!!

Love the Dillard’s approach to customer service....wish they would expand North !

Of course!  It happens to me all the time!

Respected Contributor

The other thing that has happened to me is having a company bring back a shade I loved that was previously discontinued ... but it's not quite the same. Argh! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I’m going through that with my favorite lip and nail color, and having more trouble than I thought I’d have finding a replacement. 😥

Honored Contributor

L’Oreal discontinued the Endless Platinum line a few years ago....it’s all I wore for years and if I had known it was going to go away I would have stocked up. Have found it on EBay but I refuse to pay $100 and up for one lipstick. Have not even come close to finding one as perfect.
Frequent Contributor

I have always wanted to try 3 Custom Color for discontined lipstick shades and finally got around to using them.  I had two Bobbi Brown shades that were discontinued and after exhausting all previous suppliers, I decided to give them a try.  Not only are both colors perfect, they also match the texture perfectly.  You have to order a minimum of two tubes for $60, so might not be worth it for drugstore brands.  Just depends on how much you love a certain color!

Respected Contributor

@jlkz   Your post reminded me of how much I loved Drop of Sherry by Rimmel.  I still have a couple of tubes I am holding on to and I put it on today.   It is the perfect color for me.  I remember Kasbah, it was similar but a bit more brown.  

I don't agonize over discontinued products too much but I do miss them.  If I can't find them on eBay, I hit the drugstores and find something else.  Sometimes it's good to make a change

Trusted Contributor

Mine was Chanel Sirocco.

A perfect mauve with a slight shimmer. Lovely texture and scent.

I went to the Chanel counter and was told it's been discontinued for awhile.

Figures.