Frequent Contributor

ON ITEMS FREE S&H CHARGING MY ACCOUNT FOR S&H

I was on the phone with 4 different people for charging me for shipping and handling on 11 items i purchase in october and november.  on my invoice on my computer it said shipping and handling  was FREE but above the invoice was another statement that showed they charged me shipping and handling.  the customer service person stated i was reading it wrong and I stated to her i am reading it right now whereby it shows me its  FREE in capital letters in RED

I finally reaquested another agent and she stated she would refund me and that they were getting alot of calls regarding this problem. it adds up especially if you have to return an item.  

Valued Contributor

Re: ON ITEMS FREE S&H CHARGING MY ACCOUNT FOR S&H

I was reviewing my orders and discovered I had been charged shipping for two items that were free shipping. I was charged almost $11.00 by mistake. I did call and the customer service associate refunded it immediately with no issues.  We do have to monitor our orders.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm curious as to how you're seeing this and what the kinds of items that you ordered (in October and November) were.

And at the time you ordered these items, was the shipping and handling free?

The reason I ask is this:  I have beauty items I ordered last month (for example) on which I paid S&H.  However, at the moment, the Q is offering free S&H on beauty items (amongst other things).  If I look at my former orders in my account, they show the item I purchased and "S&H Free" in red.

That is definitely a glitch in the system, because it shows the current status of the item.  In other words, if I ordered the same item right now, I'd get free S&H.  It doesn't mean the offer was in place when I originally placed my order.

You must have known what the S&H was at the time you purchased your items and before you submitted the orders.  So are you saying the free S&H was in place at that time?

@Beth-QVC @Paulette-QVC or any other moderators:  can you shed any light on this?  I think it's just showing the current offer of "S&H Free", which wouldn't apply to older orders.  But maybe I'm wrong?

(ETA:  I've noticed this problem a very long time ago and think it's something that should be "fixed" so that the information on old orders remains unchanged.  That way it wouldn't confuse anyone.)

Trusted Contributor

Yes I think @Venezia is correct. I ordered items 3 of the Cross pen sets last year but not at the same time. I believe only 1 was ordered on a free shipping day. However, when I went to review my orders they all showed that the s/h was free. I called & was told they would refund it but they never did. I think QVC should fix this glitch because it’s almost like they’re taunting us. There must be a way to make sure the orders placed previously show the correct s/h paid on that order. Would make things easier for everyone. 

Frequent Contributor

I  remember the days watching QVC  all of my 11 items I ordered were free shipping and handling.