Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! the TSV! Today and Other Days!

@Bird mama, I hesitantly ordered the Snow Joe, too, thinking I would regret it.  Finally got to use it last week and it was easier on me.  It was a lot of snow but fluffy.  I don't know how it will do for the heavy stuff.  Glad I bought it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 my friend, you are so crazy....but in a good way.  You could have been a writer.  Do you remember Erma Bombeck?  She was a very funny writer.  That's you.

I hope that sprinkler is sold out.  Not in the budget this month and I've been doing very well with not overspending.  Since retirement, I don't need nearly as many things.  

I've been to a couple of houses helping to clear out stuff that deceased people left behind, much of the stuff still tagged or practically new.  I don't want to be like that.  Not that I'd know it, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

images (1).jpg

Hilarious and well written......and 110% accurate portrayal of Q products...Cat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I stupidly bought a set of nozzles a few years ago from QVC -- a pretty aqua color (because the color really matters here).  They never did work well and broke not long after that.  TOTAL JUNK.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I think the TSV should be something interesting that I would be curious enough to check out a presentation even if I don't think I'm interested in the product.  That snow shovel is a good example.  I caught a presentation early in the day and thought it was crazy and that I'd never fall for that.  By dinnertime that night, my 12 year old was convinced we needed it.  Turns out, it was a pretty sound purchase.  We had the same experience with an air fryer...twice.

Lately the TSV's have been snoozers.  Too many short pants and senior citizen shoes and vacuum cleaners.  Show me something interesting and I'll probably stick around long enough to buy something. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thru the day, I'm always changing channels. When I get to QVC --- and now QVC Plus ---- total JUNK. They like to sell u on their pretty colors - but they forget that most of that stuff doesn't work properly or they're too expensive. Unless u live in a remote part of the world --- stores are just a hop, skip or a jump. Lately, I've been ordering at walmart dot com and bed bath beyond dot com. Free shipping and products work!!!!! I also used bed bath's 20% on-line - and purchased a cuisinart coffee bean grinder. Was $50. and I paid $40. Shipped quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

That's funny. But everyone is different. I don't watch much anymore (mostly at Christmas time) But I do check on line here and when I did watch a lot, I actually always preferred to watch the shows that are not filled with 200 dollar handbags (id never pay that to carry my junk in), make up and beauty products drive me crazy, and too many jewelry shows- forget it.

So, Id rather see things for the house and I loved the clothes but lately not so much with the prices. Shoes, well theyre ok sometimes.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Regular Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agree.  These plant days are ridiculous.  Has no one ever been to a Home Depot or a garden center?

Thing is I'm not sure what I'm watching and I'm serious about this. I've never caught a q plant show before. These bushes they show are gigantic and the camera zooms in and they look fake and silk. Seriously though are those supposed to BE live plants or they are fake and are just to give customers an idea of what it is supposed to look like.

Don't laugh at me I'm relatively new to tuning in Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the wonderful words!  LOL.  To top it all off today is a ladder!  Be still my heart.  I have to admit I miss the days when the Q had interesting items you couldn't find at Walmart.  I do have more money for vacations and fun things.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

This is a 'love letter to QVC'.  

Dear QVC,

I want to thank you (?) for teaching me everything I never wanted to know about hose nozzles, pillows, vacuums, tooth brushes, machines that pull out your hair (forget the name) and so on....did I forget anything?

I had no idea nozzles were so fascinating they could be talked about for 24 hours....no wait!  I'm using my calculator...Oh!  That's right it's presented at least 2 times an hour...sometimes more...so that is at least 48 hours!  I've already bought 2 sets and it's only 1:00 in the afternoon!  Thank you for offering my favorite colors (that's important when choosing a nozzle)...

I'll be sure to put the 2 sets of nozzles with my many pillows (thank you pillow man) and my vacuums...(by the way I thought my Dyson's I bought from you were great, but after this weekend....I knew (well you showed me) I also needed a Shark...so I got one of those too...

I'm sooo excited and looking forward to tomorrow...You see I'm having a room added because the guest room is full of all of your TSV's and any day I'm expecting you to have that hot tub I passed on last Spring....

NOTE FOR THOSE WHO SAY 'change the channel'....easier said than done...The changer is in the other room and I don't want to miss a presentation...I've been told I am going to be quizzed on the virtues of owning more than 2 SETS of nozzles....

Gotta go....the flower guys are coming on...I need to order more flowers that will sit on my front porch and either be given out to friends (the UPS guys says thanks for the flowers I gave him)...when he fell over them the 3rd time I told him he could take some home...

No one told me I had to PLANT them....I must have missed that demonstration...see why I can't change channels...

@Annabellethecat66

One of the funniest posts I've seen on this BB!!  Annabelle, you should write for comedians!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986