Respected Contributor

Re: OMG! The political calls are so annoying!

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@pprmntstx wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   Do you have call block on your phone?

@pprmntstx No But I think I need to get one-which do you recommend?

Love the call block on our new phones!

amazon - Panasonic Link2Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone with Answering Machine

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  If I answered one, I don't know how I would know that the other ones were like the one I answered.  If I got calls from 12 different numbers and only answered one, I woldn't bet money that all (any?) of the others came from the same place.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not bothered by a ringing phone.  I don't answer.

@esmerelda Because they are all weird #'s that start with the same area code....They just somehow scramble up the numbers, and I have asked other people and they have answere more than once thinking it was someone else, and guess what another political call......Normally I am not bothered too much either, but my husband goes to bed early-has to be up by 4am, and lately they have been calling at 830p and the phone wakes him up, and they also call Saturday mornings fairly early.......So if I can stop them free without going through too much hassle, I would like to.  

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  If I answered one, I don't know how I would know that the other ones were like the one I answered.  If I got calls from 12 different numbers and only answered one, I woldn't bet money that all (any?) of the others came from the same place.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not bothered by a ringing phone.  I don't answer.

I notice, quite a bit, that the different numbers they use will be similar.   They might have the same area code and same prefix, just the last 4 digits differ.  That's about as close as I can get to figuring it out.  Smiley Happy   

Same here with not answering.   I even turned off the voicemail on my landline to preclude any of their robot messages.   Wish I could figure out how to turn off the voicemail on my cellphone as well!   I only get a random call like this on my cellphone - maybe one every several days.

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I have a Panasonic cordless that I got at the local Staples store.  Walmart or Target might have them also.  If not, you could ask a rep at the store if there are any phones there with that feature.

Respected Contributor

They stopped when I got rid of my land line.

I never get them on my cell phone.

Respected Contributor

I have call blocking nomorobo and many calls still get through.

Respected Contributor

I don't get any.   If your number isn't in my contacts list the call doesn't come thru.  It goes straight to VM.   They hardly ever leave a message.  Delete!!   We haven't had a land line since 2005.

Honored Contributor

luckily i have not had one single political call so far this year.......YET.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Our AT&T cordless phones automatically block all calls not in our directory. It will block up to 1,000 different numbers. The phone does not even ring.

The caller ID shows the number that called, and they were all blocked. In 1 day we have gotten as many as 15+ calls, and not a single ring. I delete them from the caller ID, but they are all stored in the "blocked" calls category.

Worth every penny I spent for these 4 phones over 3 years ago.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I still have a landline and I haven't had one political call.