Honored Contributor

OMG! The political calls are so annoying!

When we don't answer, they will call right back in a few minutes from a different number, and of course never leave a message,and the reason I know they are political calls, is I happened to answer one by mistake, so now I am familiar with the numbers they use!

Any one have an idea on how to get rid of these? They are so annoying, and since I am working from home these days they call all day long.Anyone else getting these?

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG! The political calls are so annoying!

Not anymore. Got rid of landline.

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   Do you have call block on your phone?

Esteemed Contributor

Just make sure your address book is up to date, then place a do not disturb on everyone else.  You can see them but not hear them.

If you also set up favorites then you can use this list for overnight and never be disturbed.

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

When we don't answer, they will call right back in a few minutes from a different number, and of course never leave a message,and the reason I know they are political calls, is I happened to answer one by mistake, so now I am familiar with the numbers they use!

Any one have an idea on how to get rid of these? They are so annoying, and since I am working from home these days they call all day long.Anyone else getting these?

I use Nomorobo. I have Comcast/Xfinity and it is a free service. Just go to the website and follow instructions.  It works great.

Honored Contributor

Nomorobo does help.    One thing that makes the calls worse is answering them.   It legitimizes the phone number and they put it on a list that is bought by others and it goes from there.  Blocking and not answering goes a very long way toward reducing them.  

Every now and then one will get past nomorobo and i block it but, yeah, it's terribly frustrating that they can just make it appear to be different numbers.

This thing about faking numbers needs to stop.  I know there are those who are working on that but who knows how far it will get. $$$ goes into pockets and that keeps some from doing the right thing.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Political campaign-related autodialed or prerecorded voice calls (including autodialed live calls, prerecorded voice messages, and text messages) are:

• Not allowed to cell phones, pagers, or other mobile devices without the called party's prior express consent.
  • Not allowed to protected phone lines such as emergency or toll-free lines, or lines serving hospitals or similar facilities, unless made with the called party's prior express consent.
  • Allowed when made to landline telephones, even without prior express consent.
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I've been getting a couple of call that show POLITICAL on my caller 
ID.  Instant call block from me!

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   Do you have call block on your phone?

@pprmntstx No But I think I need to get one-which do you recommend?

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  If I answered one, I don't know how I would know that the other ones were like the one I answered.  If I got calls from 12 different numbers and only answered one, I woldn't bet money that all (any?) of the others came from the same place.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not bothered by a ringing phone.  I don't answer.

Keepin' it real.