Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! The political calls are so annoying!

[ Edited ]

@IMW : Yes!! I have this plus the call blocker with the big red button and a Panasonic phone with call blocker. Just received 4 calls back to back within the last few minutes. Very irritated and frustrated. It is now 8:27 pm and since 5 pm received  10 calls. 😳🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️Southern Bee

Esteemed Contributor

I get as many spam calls on my cell phone as I do on my land line.  Not to mention all the political texts I get on my cell phone.   Sheesh.  We have a call blocker on our land line which stops 99.9% of all spam/political calls.

What really angers me?   All the political TV commercials, one right after the other, 5 or 6 in a row.  Thank goodness for the mute button!

(I've already voted by mail anyway)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I still have a landline and I haven't had one political call.

Same for me.  I haven't had any political calls at all, on my landline or my cell.

Honored Contributor

We got rid of our landline years ago but they now call my cell....it’s not just political calls, it’s constant telemarketing of everything. I block what I can but they always find a way. The only political stuff is texting nonstop. Also a nuisance.
Respected Contributor

My caller id says Political.  The landlines are the worst!  Most of my calls are scam.  Car warranties and credit cards.  At least I know the political ones will end.  I barely answer that phone anymore.  It's just a backup to my cell. 

Honored Contributor

My political calls are now just texts...which chime all times of the day and night...no landline. I have two elderly family members so don’t feel like I can silence or turn on “do not disturb“ mode. Some are coming in as phone calls that show “ potential spam” on caller ID. I think they are political calls? The phone hangs up automatically.
Honored Contributor

I give the type of response that gets me off the call list.
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

When we don't answer, they will call right back in a few minutes from a different number, and of course never leave a message,and the reason I know they are political calls, is I happened to answer one by mistake, so now I am familiar with the numbers they use!

Any one have an idea on how to get rid of these? They are so annoying, and since I am working from home these days they call all day long. Anyone else getting these?

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Well, you could get a human on the phone and tell them to remove you from their mailing lists.   Or that they have the wrong number ....  I'm not getting any phone calls ... just torrents of emails and texts.

Honored Contributor

I can get nomorobo on cell, but not my home phone.    Probably because if our phone company did allow nomorobo the would loose income from customers robodialing and phoning.  Robo calls are against the law.  But thats all I get.   I have call block, but some calls only ring once and go directly to voicemail so I get robo voicemail.  I guess Christina with car insurance is te new Rachel

Honored Contributor

I can get nomorobo on cell, but not my home phone.    Probably because if our phone company did allow nomorobo they would loose income from customers robodialing and phoning. Jerks!   Robo calls are against the law.  But thats all I get.   I have call block, but some calls only ring once and go directly to voicemail so I get robo voicemail.  I guess Christina with some kind of car repair insurance is the new Rachel.  

call Block works most of the time, but about 3 calls a day get through.  I never answer, never,  i wait for voicemail, .. if it is legitimate call, i return call. if no answer or bad call, it gets blocked right away

one thing for sure.  You know it is a telemarketer when they have 2 calls , one after aother.