Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,511
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

@Kalli -

This is a game I used to play inside with our big 3Smiley Happy

You stand with them in a horizontal line.

Then on the count of 1,2,3, Go! they race to the other side of the room where you have hidden 3 treats (preferably in direct line to each one of them).

They loved it and we would do it over and over. It gives them exercise and listening and waiting for your signal. And it can be a little treat each time.

You have to keep hiding them by telling them Wait!, then get back in line with them.

Good exercise and fun for the 2 legged too!

I loved watching them listen so well which they didn't always do with other times.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,223
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

@goldensrbest 


@goldensrbest wrote:

Enjoy every moment you have with them,muddy feet, sloppers, crazy ness, every thing ,some day you will not have them.


Amen.  Mine might play for 5min. Then she goes her own way.  Last week she followed me around the house. We usually walk every morning.  Sometime she doesn,t want to go, so I let her be.

I would miss her so much.  I adopted her, but she saved my life.  I have a plaque that says, WHO RESCUED WHO? Her picture is inside.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,078
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

[ Edited ]

@Kalli wrote:

They keep asking to go out.  Then they want to come in.  When in, they keep sitting by me and staring at me, when out they're barking at silly stuff.  I really think it's because they can't just go out and hang around in the sun.  It's too cold and here in PA we've had mostly cloudy days. In addition, winter hasn't even begun yet!

 

I need something to keep them busy inside.  They're bored with their toys, bored with the antlers that I paid a chunk of change for at a local pet store. Maybe they have covid fatigue?

 

I feel like a mom with toddlers again, and I'm too old to go through that stage now!!  Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

 

I'm off to take the JR/pug mix for a walk, then I'll fill their kong toys. The nights are so long now. Anyone have an idea for a safe dog toy I can add to my arsenal that keeps your dog really busy?? 


@Kalli @Kachina624 

 

Gee, it sounds like your dogs have turned into CATS---that's what my cats do all day long....they are indoor cats but have a fenced in patio to get fresh air...and they are ALWAYS going in and out, especially with the cooler weather they are UNDECIDED....I told them I should charge them for being their DOOR PERSON!!!

 

33 Funny Cat Memes That Never Fail to Make Us LOL - I Can Has Cheezburger?

 

 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor
Posts: 663
Registered: ‎04-24-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.


@Kalli wrote:

They keep asking to go out.  Then they want to come in.  When in, they keep sitting by me and staring at me, when out they're barking at silly stuff.  I really think it's because they can't just go out and hang around in the sun.  It's too cold and here in PA we've had mostly cloudy days. In addition, winter hasn't even begun yet!

 

I need something to keep them busy inside.  They're bored with their toys, bored with the antlers that I paid a chunk of change for at a local pet store. Maybe they have covid fatigue?

 

I feel like a mom with toddlers again, and I'm too old to go through that stage now!!  Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

 

I'm off to take the JR/pug mix for a walk, then I'll fill their kong toys. The nights are so long now. Anyone have an idea for a safe dog toy I can add to my arsenal that keeps your dog really busy?? 


 

@Kalli 

I'm having a similar problem but it's my husband who's driving me crazy!

Contributor
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎09-11-2011

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who's dogs are driving them crazy. I think being home so much does not help, they have turned into velcro...lol ! I walk them every day but  I live in Michigan and the cold/ snow the last couple days has put a halt to that. The kong ball and bully sticks last about a nano second, so sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom just for a little peace. Can't wait for spring !

Super Contributor
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎01-31-2016

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

Like others said, best to take them for a long walk. When my labs were pups, I had to take them for a walk daily, come rain, shine, or snow. I even took them during a heavy snow one day, that was fun. The only time they missed a walk was during a medium or heavy rain.

Just bundle up, dress for the weather, and have fun!

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,893
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.


@Grnthumb wrote:

It's good to know I'm not the only one who's dogs are driving them crazy. I think being home so much does not help, they have turned into velcro...lol ! I walk them every day but  I live in Michigan and the cold/ snow the last couple days has put a halt to that. The kong ball and bully sticks last about a nano second, so sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom just for a little peace. Can't wait for spring !

 

@GrnthumbI have to "lock" the bathroom door too because if I do not, she runs in after me with a toy in her mouth ready for more play. Smiley Happy


 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are. - Benjamin Franklin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 51,461
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

@Spurt.  We unexpectedly got about 5" of snow last night.  My female dog wouldn't go out.  She hates getting her paws cold and wet.  She's all girl.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,078
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.


@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt.  We unexpectedly got about 5" of snow last night.  My female dog wouldn't go out.  She hates getting her paws cold and wet.  She's all girl.


@Kachina624 

 

I understand how your dog felt...The year before last we actually got some snow flurries which dusted my patio...and my cats HATED getting their pristine paws cold and wet .....they didnt enjoy our rare snow...😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,490
Registered: ‎09-22-2010

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

A tired dog is a good dog.

 

Walk, walk, walk.