Honored Contributor

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

How about bath time?  LOL

Respected Contributor

I have a very high energy dog so I know what you are dealing with.

After she has gone on a walk, ran around the back yard, which includes digging and running along the fence barking at the dog next door,  and endless games of "fetch", I open my shutters in two rooms and she gets on the chair or bed and barks at all those walking by.  She especially loves the mail and delivery people.

That activity manages to kill some time until the above starts all over again. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Sounds like they have a lot of pent up energy and need to release it with exercise.

Do they like to play fetch?  Teach them to bring the toy back to you.  Anything that gets them running.  You can do that inside and outside.  

Other than that, you'll need to take them for long walks several times a week. 

They won't be bothering you if they are worn out.   

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Here is my girl today resting after wearing herself out.

129202075_310666743387531_366595936229621261_n.jpg

Beautiful girl @threecees.

Honored Contributor

The cold weather makes mine more hyper. They dug a few holes within the past few days and haven't done that in a long time. I know how you are feeling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We like the BIG Kong rubber bones that have a hole in each end for a cylindrical treat.  I break one in half.

Marvelous babysitter.

Kong Good Boy treat bone

KONG Extreme Goodie Bone Dog Toy, slide 1 of 6  Also comes in red.

We have 2 yr old Shadow, an American Bull dog, 95 lbs.

Honored Contributor

My dog gets like that if we cannot go for a walk.  That's the only thing that will satisfy her. She isn't a player out in our backyard or in the house.  She wants a change of scenery with a walk.

Unfortunately it rained all day yesterday and it's been snowing since about 10:00 last night so no walk yesterday or today for her. 

Respected Contributor

I hear you!  My two hounds get very demanding about wanting to walk two times a day when the weather gets chilly.  They love to sniff!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reading this thread and appreciating my low energy happy calm quiet sweet mellow senior Mosey Girl even more than usual. She compliments my senior low energy level so well.

Also our island temps have finally dipped below 80 some days.  We had humid 90s most all of summer and into fall.  Right now it's a perfect 79 and we are headed out for a short drive to the park. We walk around our own hood in the morning and again before dinner time.  Mid day she expects a car ride and we can most often oblige her. 

Thankful Grateful

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Bully sticks used to keep my Golden Doodle puppy occupied for hours but now that he's 9 months old he can destroy even the big braided ones in an hour.  Maybe get some cats...my dog stays busy constantly harrassing my poor cats! Smiley Happy