Highlighted
Respected Contributor

OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

They keep asking to go out.  Then they want to come in.  When in, they keep sitting by me and staring at me, when out they're barking at silly stuff.  I really think it's because they can't just go out and hang around in the sun.  It's too cold and here in PA we've had mostly cloudy days. In addition, winter hasn't even begun yet!

I need something to keep them busy inside.  They're bored with their toys, bored with the antlers that I paid a chunk of change for at a local pet store. Maybe they have covid fatigue?

I feel like a mom with toddlers again, and I'm too old to go through that stage now!!  Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

I'm off to take the JR/pug mix for a walk, then I'll fill their kong toys. The nights are so long now. Anyone have an idea for a safe dog toy I can add to my arsenal that keeps your dog really busy?? 

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG My dogs are making me crazy.

Take them for a mile-long walk. It works.

Honored Contributor

@Kalli 

I was going to suggest peanut butter in a Kong, but you already do that.

One suggestion with the Kong & peanut butter, is to freeze it with the peanut butter in it, it takes them much longer to get the peanut butter out.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I know the feeling and I only have one. Yesterday was pretty much all day

with heavy rain, so no walk for us.

Today is colder but no rain so we did a morning walk. But yes, in and out a

bunch of times and running around and playing then sleeping.

My dog has several bones scattered throughout the rooms and toys all

over too. They are definitely like kids, you have to entertain and pay alot

of attention as they get bored too.

You asked about a toy, but have your dogs ever tried the Lumabones? I get

my dog the lumabone 3 packs and she really enjoys them. But keep a close

watch on them as they get chewed pretty heavily. 

download (3).jpg

Honored Contributor

Enjoy every moment you have with them,muddy feet, sloppers, crazy ness, every thing ,some day you will not have them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kalli. My sympathy.   My two have a dog door to the patio and back yard.  They have been in and out a thousand times today.  The door faces North which is the direction from which a stiff wind is blowing due to an incoming cold front.  Everything they go through that door, an artic chill goes through me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Fetch.  Can you play fetch with them?  We have large dogs with lots of energy, so I understand your pain.  They have lots of toys, even have their own toybox.  A good activity for our dogs to run off energy is to chase tennis balls outside in our driveway.  They love it and will repeat over and over. 

Esteemed Contributor

Here is my girl today resting after wearing herself out.

129202075_310666743387531_366595936229621261_n.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Teach them tricks.  Mental stimulation can be tiring.  I was outside playing in the snow with mine. Don't expect them to entertain themselves all the time.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Enjoy every moment you have with them,muddy feet, sloppers, crazy ness, every thing ,some day you will not have them.

@goldensrbest   I am so sorry that you lost your beloved Golden.  They truly are special dogs.

I lost mine about 6 months ago so truly know how you feel.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF