Esteemed Contributor

Re: OMG! Medicare Part B sky high premium

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Nothing for seniors, but come here and you get everything free.

Ain't it the truth !

I am very low income, less than the 30,00 our Gov. Newsum said would get 600 stimulus.  Filed CA State taxes in April and still haven't seen it.  I heard that unless you have child credit, and just SS you won't get it.  You know who he has always wanted to help, not a citizen.

@qvcaddition 

Have you called or checked online to verify why you have not been sent a check? The circumstances that you have listed, I believe that you should qualify. 

Super Contributor

@qvcaddition  I checked my acct on the SS website last week and I'm getting an extra $78...(not as much as some but I'll take it..)

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus 

@icezeus wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Ain't it the truth !

I am very low income, less than the 30,00 our Gov. Newsum said would get 600 stimulus.  Filed CA State taxes in April and still haven't seen it.  I heard that unless you have child credit, and just SS you won't get it.  You know who he has always wanted to help, not a citizen.

@qvcaddition 

Have you called or checked online to verify why you have not been sent a check? The circumstances that you have listed, I believe that you should qualify. 

I have checked online and it will not give me much info.  I have called the number to the state of California and the voicemail tells me to check online.  I can,t even leave a message.

I went online for months writing to The Gov. Every week , but never an answer. You have no idea how much 600 would help me.  

I even called the people HE Block that did my state taxes to make sure they put correct # and checked my copy.

I am a fighter for rights for any body, but can,t reach anyone.  

I have worked from the age of 15 non-stop except for child birth until age 65,  never went on med I cal,  but worked 3 diff. Jobs as a single divorced mother of 3.

I could have gone on med I cal, but I was raised from immigrant parents who came here through Ellis Island from Italy and I was taught, if you can work, that is what you do. So with three small children, I went to work to support us.  Nothing was handed to me, except a paycheck.

This gov. of Ca. Promised Seniors att the beginning of Covid, good meals from restaurants delivered to their homes because they didn,t want us out there,, no vaccines at the time.

I called THE COUNCIL OF AGING, to get on the list, and they told me it was not going to happen, and it didn,t.  He says a lot he doesn,t come through for seniors, but if I wasn,t born here today, I would have no problem.

Sorry, i,m upset as an American not to get the help.  I will keep trying, but don,t know what else to do.  I live alone and have no help. Thank God I am a strong 85 and in good health.I

Thank you for your concern.

Esteemed Contributor

I will properly get something around that amt.  What I am not getting is the 600 stimulus that Our Cal. Gov. Promised .low income.  My Senior friends on low income have also not gotten theirs.

Valued Contributor

I will be 67 in a few weeks, still working fulltime and afraid to retire. That is not fair after working 50+  years!! I remain on the group plan at my job and my husband is on Medicare and a supplement. Two of us on it would be taxing.

So many entitlements to younger generations who get 100% coverage for free and senior citizens are overlooked.

I know many people on Social Security Disablilty who collect for minor ailments which we all have. The system is unraveling and we are all going to suffer because of the mismanagment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@icezeus 

@icezeus wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Ain't it the truth !

@qvcaddition 

I have checked online and it will not give me much info.  I have called the number to the state of California and the voicemail tells me to check online.  I can,t even leave a message.

I went online for months writing to The Gov. Every week , but never an answer. You have no idea how much 600 would help me.  

I even called the people HE Block that did my state taxes to make sure they put correct # and checked my copy.

I am a fighter for rights for any body, but can,t reach anyone.  

I have worked from the age of 15 non-stop except for child birth until age 65,  never went on med I cal,  but worked 3 diff. Jobs as a single divorced mother of 3.

I could have gone on med I cal, but I was raised from immigrant parents who came here through Ellis Island from Italy and I was taught, if you can work, that is what you do. So with three small children, I went to work to support us.  Nothing was handed to me, except a paycheck.

This gov. of Ca. Promised Seniors att the beginning of Covid, good meals from restaurants delivered to their homes because they didn,t want us out there,, no vaccines at the time.

I called THE COUNCIL OF AGING, to get on the list, and they told me it was not going to happen, and it didn,t.  He says a lot he doesn,t come through for seniors, but if I wasn,t born here today, I would have no problem.

Sorry, i,m upset as an American not to get the help.  I will keep trying, but don,t know what else to do.  I live alone and have no help. Thank God I am a strong 85 and in good health.I

Thank you for your concern.

@qvcaddition 

I don't know if this will help but try reaching out to one of our Senators from California.  Diane Feinstein or Alex Padilla. Once again, from what I understand you should receive stimulus money. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition  Check this out and see if this helps on when you may receive.....make sure to scroll through the article to the zip code info

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article255880131.html

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@89135 

@89135 wrote:

@qvcaddition  Check this out and see if this helps on when you may receive.....make sure to scroll through the article to the zip code info

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article255880131.html

Thank you, I tried, but it,s for a subscription to the Sacramento Bee. . There is a phone #.  I can try calling and ask them if they have that info..  Even if it doesn,t work, I appreciate your help.

I just read on my tracfone,   says, checks with my zipcode will go out Dec 27 through Jan 11.  Fingers crossed.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcadditionNo No...I don't have a subscription to the Sac Bee...I live in Nevada..You should be able to see the full article.  It's a good article.....just click on the article. I just did again and it took me to the article...IGNORE the advertisements....anyway, what is the last 3 digits of your zip code?  If it is this then Tracphone is correct....

928-999: Checks mailed Dec. 27 through Jan. 11 and to arrive by Feb. 1.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus     I got mine and my friends got theirs.  If you earned under $75k you should have received it,  mine went into my checking account automatically