Honored Contributor

Re: OMG KFC's latest heart attack on a plate

I dont do chicken & waffles and I wont do this either.....This company also owns Taco Bell which has some strange concoctions too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Of course it’s not healthy at all and I don’t care for the combo, but there’s many people who eat fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy and corn for dinner. Followed by donuts for dessert. So this really isn’t that bad after all compared to some dinners.
Honored Contributor

My family of 4 split one sandwich just to say we tried it. Everyone liked their 2 bites, no one regretted trying it, satisfied our curiosity, but no one will be in the drive thru to buy another one.

I got one chance at this thing called life; I'm living it.
Honored Contributor

@Msfitness wrote:

I saw that commercial, but I thought it was a joke.  I was waiting for them to show the real sandwich.  In my opinion, I think that is just plain evil to offer and serve this to customers.  The sad thing is, some will buy this mess.

@Msfitness

mostrecentcruise.gif 

"Evil" to offer and serve this?? Seriously??

It's not like they hold you down and shove it down anyone's throat, LOL!

You and I definitely have different meanings for the word "EVIL".

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

To me doesnt sound good at all. I would rather have my donuts separate and chicken separate Smiley Happy   Not only that no way, with all of those calories lol.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

havent you all had good old chicken and waffles before? this is really not that different.

This is exactly what I thought this was a take on.

But no, I don't care for chicken and waffles either.  

The donut looks good and the chicken looks good but combined together isn't appealing to me.

Just an fyi, that stupid Impossible Whopper that people seem to think is so healthy actually has more saturated fat in it than a regular whopper.  It still has 14 grams of fat in it, 8 of which are saturated.

I tried the Impossible Whopper and didn't like it. I could immediately tell it was soy. I would prefer a black bean or veggie burger.

I would eat a donut alone and fried chicken alone. As a sandwhich it is sensory overload and looks extremely sticky and messy. I don't see how it is any less healthy than a chicken sandwich, fries, and frosty from Wendy's, which a lot of people wouldn't balk at.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Looks gross and messy to me. That's not "food shaming." Do we really need a new label to throw at people we disagree with now? Really? Really? If you invent one of those, I guarantee it will be thrown back at you pretty quickly.

People eat deep fried butter at some of the state fairs. (I think that's a gross snack too.) There's no limit to the unhealthiness factor you can achieve in food if you really want to work at it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:
My family of 4 split one sandwich just to say we tried it. Everyone liked their 2 bites, no one regretted trying it, satisfied our curiosity, but no one will be in the drive thru to buy another one.

I got one chance at this thing called life; I'm living it.

@RedTop I applaud your sense of fun and adventure, and wanting to take a big bite out of life!!!!!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

If I have any fast food, which is really rare anymore, it's generally a grilled chicken sandwich of some kind.  I don't do the fries anymore and I normally do a water.  I don't drink pop or diet pop.

The calories aren't as awful as I would have thought either but there are 65 grams of fat.  That seems crazy.  But I don't know how much fat would be in a meal that consisted of a chicken sandwich, fries and frosty.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

havent you all had good old chicken and waffles before? this is really not that different.

This is exactly what I thought this was a take on.

But no, I don't care for chicken and waffles either.  

The donut looks good and the chicken looks good but combined together isn't appealing to me.

Just an fyi, that stupid Impossible Whopper that people seem to think is so healthy actually has more saturated fat in it than a regular whopper.  It still has 14 grams of fat in it, 8 of which are saturated.

I tried the Impossible Whopper and didn't like it. I could immediately tell it was soy. I would prefer a black bean or veggie burger.

I would eat a donut alone and fried chicken alone. As a sandwhich it is sensory overload and looks extremely sticky and messy. I don't see how it is any less healthy than a chicken sandwich, fries, and frosty from Wendy's, which a lot of people wouldn't balk at.

Or a big steak with bernaise sauce, creamed spinach, baked potato loaded, salad with blue cheese dressing, and a chocolate souffle for dessert.