Honored Contributor

Re: OMG KFC's latest heart attack on a plate

@RedTop wrote:

@shoekitty 

I split one with my husband and daughters; we essentially had 2 bites each.   It was okay; nothing all that special, tasted just exactly like it looked, glazed donuts and chicken.   

None of us will be in the drive thru to buy another one, but we can say we tried it.   

shoekitty said.   good it's fun to try that stuff.  I was hoping maybe there would be a surprise to the combo, lol.  But I was thinking it would be donuts, with a little protien in the middle.  Glazed donuts aren't my thing.  Apple fritter maybe, but glazed donuts not so much.  But if put in front of me, there is no way I wouldn't try it.  Gotta be adventurous.  I don't think I would pay for it.  

those Chicken Little are my favorite.  W shave a kfc by grocery store and a few times a year I turn around and peel in there,   I order with no mayo, and squirt hot sauce in it.  I love the soft bread, crispy hot fried chicken piece and that dill pickle.  

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr This sandwich reminds me of some of the things Trish Yearwood created on her show  out of donuts.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 I would like to try it but I would eat the chicken seperaely from the donut.

Trusted Contributor

Re: OMGLike KFC's latest heart attack on a plate

Like many things in life, this is a one-time treat. You eat it, you can tell folks you ate it and you forget about it. I'd eat it. Hell yeah, I would.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Re: OMGLike KFC's latest heart attack on a plate

I'd eat one of the donuts (if I weren't diabetic) but I honestly don't like fried stuff so the chicken with the crust is out for me and the thought of putting the donuts around the chicken isn't something I could even try.... not even for "fun".   Woman Tongue

"Let's not and say I did".....  Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I watched a couple Youtube videos and saw how messy the sandwich is so I went with the donut and 3 chicken strip basket. One reason it's so messy is that the glaze is very liquid as opposed to the hard glaze that you get on a donut from a bakery. 

I ate one and a half chicken strips and half a donut and saved the rest for later. Putting it on a plate and using a knife and fork made it easier. I felt like the lady who eats a Snickers bar on a plate, lol. I liked getting a little bit of each in every bite. The glaze was plentiful, and being thinner than normal glaze, I used my knife to get it back on the donut. 

I thought it was delicious, and while it's not a meal I would want eat on a regular basis, I thought it was really good. Depending on how long it's available I could see having this again...maybe once a month? Idk, I'll have to see how long my willpower lasts. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking along the lines of the bacon in ice cream phase (couldn't try that one either) but my friend did and she said it was good.... but to me the bacon in ice cream sounds tame compared to the KFC's invention.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A1DA8823-1921-46BD-BA27-476E936C5782.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

It is a sandwich made up of 2 glazed donuts and a fried chicken "cutlet", I can feel my arteries closing after watching the commercial

Not sure it's as bad as their bowl of chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy and cheese, plus why would anyone want sweet donuts with chicken. I just don't get it.

Super Contributor

@Blingqueen023 Yes, I agree.