Respected Contributor

Re: OMG KFC's latest heart attack on a plate

While chicken and donuts do not appeal to me (and neither does chicken and waffles), to each her own. If someone likes it, fine. If someone doesn't, fine, too. 

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Unfortunately, we're looking at 'live a little' & 'moderation'

in the rear view mirror when over 50% of the US population

is overweight/obese/morbidly obese.  
And then add diabetes & heart disease?  
No...that's not 'living a little' or 'moderation'.

That food represents every single day...and every single meal.

Half the people who have heart attacks are thin and/or have low cholesterol.  Many diabetics are also thin.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

For those that would not buy the chicken and donut sandwich you could always buy a chicken breast and donut separate. The donuts sell for $1.00 each. There is another option. Chicken tenders with a donut in a basket.

The "meal" that KFC sells that turns me off is the mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, and gravy in a bowl together. Bob Evans has two (2) meals I feel the same way about. Their biscuit, mashed potato, chicken & noodles and the pot toast, carrots, onion, mashed potatoes, beef gravy all in a bowl together. Yet they are popular items at both restaurants.

I would rather eat the KFC donut sandwich than Sushi. The thought of eating raw fish ....... well, we won't go there. Some of you voicing disgust over this sandwich probably would or do eat Sushi but do not see that has disgusting. 

At least KFC is trying new items on their menu. BTW, the parent company that owns KFC not only owns Taco Bell but Pizza Hut.

P..S.  Have you checked out Wendy's new breakfast?

I've had two doctors agree that there's no earthly reason to eat potatoes or corn as they're mostly carbs with no real nutritional value.  These new bowl dishes can be insanely unhealthy.  

Ditto on sushi.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

here it is.......fresh out of the fryer......

a friend of mine stopped in today and he said it is a little messy, but gives it two thumbs up!

kfc sandwich.png

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer 

Why are you saying sushi is unhealthy, if you order right it can be very good nothing wrong with fish and rice

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

For those that would not buy the chicken and donut sandwich you could always buy a chicken breast and donut separate. The donuts sell for $1.00 each. There is another option. Chicken tenders with a donut in a basket.

The "meal" that KFC sells that turns me off is the mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, and gravy in a bowl together. Bob Evans has two (2) meals I feel the same way about. Their biscuit, mashed potato, chicken & noodles and the pot toast, carrots, onion, mashed potatoes, beef gravy all in a bowl together. Yet they are popular items at both restaurants.

I would rather eat the KFC donut sandwich than Sushi. The thought of eating raw fish ....... well, we won't go there. Some of you voicing disgust over this sandwich probably would or do eat Sushi but do not see that has disgusting. 

At least KFC is trying new items on their menu. BTW, the parent company that owns KFC not only owns Taco Bell but Pizza Hut.

P..S.  Have you checked out Wendy's new breakfast?

I've had two doctors agree that there's no earthly reason to eat potatoes or corn as they're mostly carbs with no real nutritional value.  These new bowl dishes can be insanely unhealthy.  

Ditto on sushi.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@silkyk 

Our local KFC restaurants have Liver Lovers Wednesdays with a chicken liver meal selling for $3.88, which is even cheaper than the livers and biscuit meal.   

I am 64 and eat some type of liver monthly; my cholesterol and triglyceride levels have never risen above 129.   

Honored Contributor

Don't tell my mother not to eat potatoes lol!

She eats them every day,sometimes making them herself in all kinds of ways and she is 97 1/2!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Before any of you die of asphyxiation because you simply can't take a breath thinking about it,  it is FEWER calories than most of the alfredo, parmigiana and many pasta dishes at Olive Garden.

Somehow I sense it is as much about food shaming and what eating place is serving this up because LOTS of meals are more calories, but are upscale calories--not fast food ones.  There is a difference isn't there?

It it's expensive it's ok calories, and if it's low-brow calories it isn't.  Fancy coffee drinks vs. soda.  VERY different way we look at calories.

@Sooner 

I agree with you except I don't consider the Olive Garden upscale calories but if the KFC in our city hadn't closed down I would be in the drive thru to try that and I LOVE chicken and waffles!

Honored Contributor

I dare anyone to go and get one.  Eat some and report back here.  Lol. I want to know how it tastes.  Never know.  

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty 

I split one with my husband and daughters; we essentially had 2 bites each.   It was okay; nothing all that special, tasted just exactly like it looked, glazed donuts and chicken.   

None of us will be in the drive thru to buy another one, but we can say we tried it.