Honored Contributor

Re: OMG KFC's latest heart attack on a plate

I haven't had KFC since high school when it first came around our area.

One and done.

Always found it to be more fried skin than meat.

Donuts?  We had one a few months ago-but it was a vegan donut.

There is no law against this; people can eat whatever they want.  I do not want to be regulated by anyone or any entity as to what I choose to consume.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

It looks disgusting too. I can't stand that commercial with that horrible singing to go along with it.....

Honored Contributor

How abusive to those poor defenseless donuts.  I love fired chicken and certainly understand chicken and waffles but not this nightmare.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

There is a donut food truck in DC that has sold something just like this for years.  It seems very popular.  No one goes to KFC for health food; this looks like it has the same calories as a Big Mac and fries.  

ITA @Cakers3 I do not want any regulations on what foods I can purchase.  We can each decide for ourselves. 

Honored Contributor

Before any of you die of asphyxiation because you simply can't take a breath thinking about it,  it is FEWER calories than most of the alfredo, parmigiana and many pasta dishes at Olive Garden.

Somehow I sense it is as much about food shaming and what eating place is serving this up because LOTS of meals are more calories, but are upscale calories--not fast food ones.  There is a difference isn't there?

It it's expensive it's ok calories, and if it's low-brow calories it isn't.  Fancy coffee drinks vs. soda.  VERY different way we look at calories.

Regular Contributor

I can't even watch it without shuddero. Yuck!!!!! Call the ED and tell them to hold a spot for you. Better call 911 and have them wait in MCD's parking lot. Can anyone take a guess at the calories...2,000, 3,000?

Esteemed Contributor

@natureluvr wrote:

I can't even watch it without shuddero. Yuck!!!!! Call the ED and tell them to hold a spot for you. Better call 911 and have them wait in MCD's parking lot. Can anyone take a guess at the calories...2,000, 3,000?

Sandwich is 1100,

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

havent you all had good old chicken and waffles before? this is really not that different.

This is exactly what I thought this was a take on.

But no, I don't care for chicken and waffles either.  

The donut looks good and the chicken looks good but combined together isn't appealing to me.

Just an fyi, that stupid Impossible Whopper that people seem to think is so healthy actually has more saturated fat in it than a regular whopper.  It still has 14 grams of fat in it, 8 of which are saturated.

Respected Contributor

I looked up the nutritional info on their website out of curiosity.  The calories are actually lower than I thought.  And there is some fiber!

I don't believe in food police...,,if there a market and the ingredients are legal, they should be able to sell it.  But it sure sounds like a stomach ache to me.

8CA34BDF-BB19-48F9-BAA9-6FB445E867C4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

The problem I see is that what you would actually receive would not look nearly as nice as this. Food ads never seem to match up with reality. 

donuts chicken.JPG