Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! It Happened YET AGAIN!

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

There have been times when I'm in the middle of writting a witty (at least my very humble opinion! *lol*) response to a thread, when all of a sudden a banner will come up and let's me know that the thread has been closed.

I just go, "Oh, well", and move on with my life.

I figure, it's their sandbox, and they get to make the rules.

I figure that if it was that upsetting to me that I couldn't post everything that my heart desires, well, the Internet is a very big place, and I'm sure that there's a another place where I can post what I want to post.

And if I can't find what I'm looking for?

Easy!

Create a bulletin board where I and others can, and then I can run it exactly the way that I want!

@Anonymous032819   You know that's been done here several times!

Respected Contributor

I am one up on all of you, I got banned for 3 days. Just like in school when I got sent out into the hall for talking. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

Thanks Proudly Jersey (as am I) - I suppose because I've seen absolutely ATROCIOUS comments about vendors and hosts - that indeed it was a free-for-all regarding speech.

I appreciate the truth. Have a grrrreat week!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I saw that !   I was going to add my two cents but the thread had been shut down.  It must hav gone south very fast...LOL   At any rate, this size XL would definitely wear that dress in an XL but only in the solid color.  I'd wear it with tall boots....and....Spanx.  The days when plus women only wore fat girl clothes are long gone.  Just like our smaller sisters, we wear what we want want to wear.  

good for you @chrystaltree  !!

Well said!

And gone are the days when pregnant women have to start wearing tents at 3 mos. printed with BABY and an arrow pointing down!!

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

you can’t share honest opinions here anymore.  The boards used to be fun.   Now, I post very rarely.   I mainly just read them to see what the deals are and reviews.   That;s enough for me.   

I don't agree.  I believe you can post an honest opinion.  How you WORD it can be the issue.

Nasty name calling, snarky comments, host bashing, personal attacks, NO place here or anywhere else.  They serve NO purpose.

Honest:

For me, I would not feel comfortable wearing a body forming dress that showed all my curves.  I don't think it would flatter my body at all.  I don't agree that anyone can wear anything.

Uncalled for:

that host is just crammed into that dress showing all her parts and is vulgar.  No way ANYONE bigger than a size 000 should be caught dead wearing that dress.  What a bunch of garbage trying to tell us we can all wear it.

Most of the posts I read on the issue resembled my second example.  Just nasty...I would have closed the threads after page one.

Honored Contributor

@Michelebear72 wrote:

I made the post, guess it got stopped...oh well. Don't care. As a plus size girl, I would never wear it. The spanx wouldn't help, I just don't like things that cling and make me look unattractive. And that dress would do that to me. No thank you!

@Michelebear72 

That is a very nicely worded, honest post.  Wish more people would be able to state their opinion w/o getting personal and nasty.  Well written.