Honored Contributor

So, I was just commenting about chubs like myself being told we can wear anything and STILL look good when suddenly a sign comes up saying I can't post on it any longer.

OK, it's QVC's perogative what is put up on the screen, I understand that.

Coming here is a lot like being in kindergarden again....nooooo, it's more like the way things are these days.

One or two strawberries going bad turns the entire basket bad.  

People don't seem to know how to monitor themselves anymore.  We (hummm??) ave to have other's do it for us....... (I guess).

I need a break.Ugh...

Contributor

Re: OMG! It Happened YET AGAIN!

That JUST happened to my post. I made a post about a goofy Gili dress that would NOT look good on every body. I'm a plus size girl, it wouldn't look good on me. FACT.  And now you can't comment on my post. What the heck?!?!?!?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So, I was just commenting about chubs like myself being told we can wear anything and STILL look good when suddenly a sign comes up saying I can't post on it any longer.

OK, it's QVC's perogative what is put up on the screen, I understand that.

Coming here is a lot like being in kindergarden again....nooooo, it's more like the way things are these days.

One or two strawberries going bad turns the entire basket bad.  

People don't seem to know how to monitor themselves anymore.  We (hummm??) ave to have other's do it for us....... (I guess).

I need a break.Ugh...

@Annabellethecat66.  But you just posted so that makes no sense. This site is acting very strange lately. Just ignore it.

Honored Contributor

Someone probably made a comment about a host.  That usually puts and end to things pretty quickly.

Honored Contributor

I saw that !   I was going to add my two cents but the thread had been shut down.  It must hav gone south very fast...LOL   At any rate, this size XL would definitely wear that dress in an XL but only in the solid color.  I'd wear it with tall boots....and....Spanx.  The days when plus women only wore fat girl clothes are long gone.  Just like our smaller sisters, we wear what we want want to wear.  

Trusted Contributor

Don't worry, one time I called myself a "small-town hick" and my post was poofed. I messaged the mod on the board and explained  I was saying it about myself, she was really nice and said she just read it fast. Who knows, I'm sure that wasn't the biggest thing on her mind that day but we both had a laugh over it.

I'm sure it was something like that.

Respected Contributor

you can’t share honest opinions here anymore.  The boards used to be fun.   Now, I post very rarely.   I mainly just read them to see what the deals are and reviews.   That;s enough for me.   

Contributor

I made the post, guess it got stopped...oh well. Don't care. As a plus size girl, I would never wear it. The spanx wouldn't help, I just don't like things that cling and make me look unattractive. And that dress would do that to me. No thank you!

Respected Contributor

I've called this forum a nanny state ever since this censoring nonsense started.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  You're right.  It did come up though, telling me I could no longer post on something that was no longer accepting posts (whatever it says.....).

As I walked away from the computer I was thinking about how subjective it is for someone to have the power to decide what is and isn't appropriate.

We all have (let's call them...'hang-ups').  Say someone is fat and (for whatever reason) I'm thinking how to say this....OK, doesn't have a full length mirror...or was maybe teased as a kid (understandable). 

He/she has a 'hang-up' about their weight, so he/she is going to delete (or put up whatever that posting thing says) about anyone talking about weight like this subect....

I'd be very, very (let's add another very...what the hay...add another very) interested in what the screening process is when hiring someon for a "monitor" job.

I'll close (I'm being pulled away from the computer) by saying, .....never mind...gotta go.