Respected Contributor

Re: OMG Glenn Fry/Eagles Has Died

I'm so sorry to hear that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gosh, I don't remember such a string of celebrity deaths, like those lately, in a long time.  Everyday there's another one to add.  I don't know if it was posted, but just yesterday I saw that Bob Denver/Gilligan has passed away too.  

It's too bad about Glenn.  The Eagles were a new group when I was a freshman in high school and became one of my favorites.  DH and I enjoy singing together an a lot of Eagles songs are great for us to sing parts.  

Trusted Contributor

More sad news today.

Rip Glen.... you will be missed.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

This is from TMZ:

We're told the cause of death was a combination of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.

Frey had been battling intestinal issues for months and had surgery in November. We're told in the last few days his condition took a turn for the worse. He died in New York City.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness, I am shocked. We just saw them not long ago. What a supremely talented artist. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

So sad.  It seems like so many of the people close to my age are dying!  Good grief!  I turn 70 years old this year.  I grew up listening and dancing with all of these people!

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

This is from TMZ:

We're told the cause of death was a combination of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.

Frey had been battling intestinal issues for months and had surgery in November. We're told in the last few days his condition took a turn for the worse. He died in New York City.

The link to the TMZ article is in my post a few posts back on page 1.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Gosh, I don't remember such a string of celebrity deaths, like those lately, in a long time.  Everyday there's another one to add.  I don't know if it was posted, but just yesterday I saw that Bob Denver/Gilligan has passed away too.  

Bob Denver passed in September of 2005.

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG Glenn Fry/Eagles Has Died,

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It's too bad about Glenn.  The Eagles were a new group when I was a freshman in high school and became one of my favorites.  DH and I enjoy singing together an a lot of Eagles songs are great for us to sing parts.  

@JeanLouiseFinch- Bob Denver died in 2005. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So sad.  It seems like so many of the people close to my age are dying!  Good grief!  I turn 70 years old this year.  I grew up listening and dancing with all of these people!

Oh, I would have loved to have danced with Glen Frey.   Very attractive man, in addition to be so talented.