Esteemed Contributor

DD called from dealership where she is to sign loan docs to buy HRV she was leasing. 

Evidently they are hot for used cars.  The HRV is in pristine condition.

They said she could lease a 2023 HRV, model (leather, bells and whistles) above what she has now, no downpayment for $30 more a month. They would have to get it from an dealership and she can lease current one on a month to month basis until it comes in. Oy!! I have whiplash.

She wanted my opinion.  I have none.  Her car, her choice, I just use it from time to time.

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG, DD Make Up Your Mind

The dealership where I bought my car last year is always bombarding me with offers to buy my 2019 Kia back. I've only put about 2000 miles on it since last June. It has about 11,000 miles on it. Guess I'll just keep it.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70  She went back and forth as to lease this for another 6 months/year, buy this or lease a newer one.  

Finally decided to buy it........until an hour ago.  Lordy.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, her like new (but used) vehicle will bring them top dollar. You're right, it's her choice.

Respected Contributor

I googled HRV and got "heart rate variability."  What is an HRV?  I get the V is vehicle but what else?

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini  My bad it is Honda HR-V.  It is an SUV.

She was asking me my opinion and talking to someone at dealership too.

Bottom line, she is getting the 2023.  I thought it was physically at another dealership and just had to be delivered to the one where she was.

Nope, they are just building the thing.  God only knows when it will come in.  All I know is Honda HR-V EX L, 2023, Milano red with moonroof.

My head hurts.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Thank you!  I hope they build it soon.  I need to look for a new car but I've been hearing that the prices are still way over sticker price so I think I'll wait a little longer and see what happens.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini   Car prices are crazy. 

I am not a fan of all the k*rap they put on new cars.  More bells and whistles mean more expensive to buy and repair.

The manual for the 2019 HR-V she has now is 600 pages.  That is just silly.  

Honored Contributor

Had same experience at Honda on Monday when took my CR-V in for oil change I'm at 10,000 mi and it's 18 months old.

I could have upgraded to all the goodies for exact price I'm paying on my lease now.  Tell ya the truth I wasn't in the mood so they called me today to see if I decided what I want to do.

After spending 4 hours cleaning up outside debris thinking about getting a new car ...I'm too tired maybe next year at my next oil change😉

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

CrazyKitty2,   I had a loaner car recently while my Subie was being serviced, and the loaner Subie (I was driving at an early pre-AM rush hour time, no one else on the road) kept computer-bossing me: "BE CAREFUL!"

I walked to the supermarket instead of driving that buttinsky loaner, except to return it. 

Turns out it was sensing that I was approaching another lane.  I wasn't crossing one, just getting near.  I was a little less resentful when the person at the dealership explained.  If they sent loaners with an owner's manual, it would help a lot. . . .

My own Subie is only 9 years old, and that is about half their average lifespan...thank goodness.  I love that car, but don't love its current avatars.