Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! Christina heard us!

So much for all the talk today about everyone having an opinion and expressing it. Seems like it can only be the opinion of a certain few or you will be told it is a bunch of bunk. Give it up Mom.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I HATE it when people call women's breast "girls!" 

@Goldengate8361

ITA .... dumbest thing ever.

Generally spekaing, and by definition, it would seem "girls" are not as dumb as "boobs." Just an observation. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

So much for all the talk today about everyone having an opinion and expressing it. Seems like it can only be the opinion of a certain few or you will be told it is a bunch of bunk. Give it up Mom.

Nope. I have an opinon, and some here don't think it valid and say so. And why shouldn't I have the same option?

Esteemed Contributor

Well, those low cut tops certainly grab attention, including Hillary's! CA is a big supporter and said yesterday that she got a kick out of the attention.

image.jpeg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack,.....and both need all the support they can get, albeit in different ways.  ;-)

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Mominohio Stating   "I think is shows how terribly insecure most of them truly are, to have to resort to that type of attention getting."

To me that statement more than likely shows insecurity on the part of the criticizers who feel they have to resort to that type of body shaming other women for their choice in clothing just because these women have large busts!!!!  If you are not insecure with who you are and the way you prefer to dress then it shouldn't/wouldn't matter what others like to wear!!  It's just saying that since you prefer to dress conservatively (and fine that's your style) but you also want others to do so.  It almost appears some don't like that others can look so great and while they might like to rock a se#y outfit they are way to repressed to do so - so the next best thing is to be critical and state others need to dress like them!!!  Makes no sense!!  

Once where I worked, we got tees to wear at a training session.  They were scoop necked.  On the day of the training, some of the stodgy older women had the audacity to criticize the larger busted  for showing cleavage by saying "just look at them trying to get attention"!! It's not like they altered them to look lower - they wore what they were given (and I have to say made those ridiculous themed shirts look great)!!  So ridiculous!!  What does it matter what anyone chooses to wear.   Does it ever occur to some of you that others dresss in what they like and are comfortable in and NOT (as some say) to get attention!!  That show is entertainment and those on it are musical artists and often those are more free spirited dressers!!

Very well stated. pook!

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@MaggieMack,.....and both need all the support they can get, albeit in different ways.  ;-)

LOL

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

While I've seen some valid threads talking about dressing inappropriately for the OCCASION, and there is merit in some of those critiques, keep in mind that some people are just very uncomfortable (or even threatened by) human secksuality.   It really upsets them to no end.

Esteemed Contributor

I may be somewhat in the minority here, but I agree with @Mominohio here.  Those of us bringing up girls go to great lengths to emphasize that talent and education is what counts.  There is a time and place for everything, and dressing like some celebrities dress just isn't to be admired.  And it isn't "body shaming" to criticize for inappropriate dress.  Women with talent and brains want to be noted for talent and brains, not for outrageous outfits.  I wonder how many moms would be happy if their daughters dressed like this?  Sure, these gals get a lot of attention, for all the wrong reasons.

Esteemed Contributor

Even fully covered, I have had too many incidents in life where I have to tell someone that my eyes are a foot higher. I don't intend to focus on Christina's assets when they're on display, but I do, when I would much rather focus on her beautiful face, like last night. I don't equate the issue with being repressed at all. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop