Respected Contributor

Re: OMG! Christina heard us!

@SydneyH wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

She's a pop star.  Many wear flashy, revealing clothing.  And, it's not new.  Remember Cher in the '70s?

I dunno Cher's style never reminded me of a cheap streetwalker, shrugs........

Cher's Oscar outfit was considered scandalous, back in the day !!!

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Cher's Oscar outfit was considered scandalous, back in the day !!!

I know I was there, but I don't recall people being disgusted with it, just sayin......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find it hard to understand why any woman has to cover up for her talents and intelligence can be seen!!!   It's possible for women to be talented and intelligent and wear the clothing they like.  I dress to make myself  comfortable and happy and high necklines and bulky cover up modest clothing isn't me and is so uncomfortable!  It's also possible that some of those who prefer to be way too modestly covered up miiht wish they had the total package of talent, intelligence and sexiness

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't believe a woman needs to cover up so her other qualities can be seen, nor do care if Christina A's boobs are out front and center, but it is a little tiring to read that the women who value modesty and appropriate attire only do so because they're sexually repressed or don't possess attributes of their own. 

I wonder if the women who are basically saying "You just don't want to see someone's boobs on display because you're inhibited" would mind if those women responded with "You like it because you look like a trashy hooker and it makes you feel better to see others do it too." 

The point I'm trying to make, in a less than succinct way, is that eveyone's opinion on the subject has merit, so to say someone is "less than" or isn't as evolved simply because they don't agree is shallow at best. 

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Don't get why some women think they have to have those as the first thing noticed. 

hi there @Mominohio

it couldn't possibly be because "those" are the first thing noticed by many dirty old men!

hnj

Is this post from a DOM?????

@fortune

"i report, you decide" !

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

The girls have more "personality" than  C.A....Why put them away?

Ouch for CA

hnj

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

She's a pop star.  Many wear flashy, revealing clothing.  And, it's not new.  Remember Cher in the '70s?

I dunno Cher's style never reminded me of a cheap streetwalker, shrugs........

Sidney, don't you remember the see through black ensemble she wore to the Academy Awards.  She had nothing on under it, and mosst of her body was revealed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I don't get why some women think that being big busted  means you have to hide them.  That's body shaming.  When large busted, it is often hard to find nice clothing.  What small chested women can wear with no cleavage can look quite different on others who are larger busted.  No one should have to opt for clothing that does not suit them to be "covered up" and not criticized for wearing clothing they like!!!  Why is it that large busted women are often criticized for wearing sweaters, clingy comfortable fabrics, not buttoning up to their neck, having the audacity to wear a cami or tank top, etc!!!???  Everyone is not flat chested and those that aren't do not need punished and doomed to a life of bulky fabrics and high necklines!!!  

I agree that just because one is big busted, they don't need to 'hide' the fact all the time.

The human body is beautiful, and I'm no prude. 

But celebs today (and not just celebs) are buying and building their bodies (unrealistic and unnatural ones) to seek attention and money. I'd be much more impressed if they relied on their talents to impress us, and less on creating an image that sells (which is usually secks).

I get tired of being bombarded with the girls hanging out almost entirely every time some of these celebs appear somewhere (it is more than showing a little cleveage these days, and I'm kind of surprised that because The Voice is a family show, she hasn't been told to cover up a little more often).  I think is shows how terribly insecure most of them truly are, to have to resort to that type of attention getting.

Did you catch what Lopez wore on AI...a family show? No one batted an eye about her and nobody in the audience went into cardiac arrest about it either. Geez. The K's run around LA in their daily lives with very few clothes on, and people anoint them as American royalty. Christina always looks beautiful. I just don't get the vitriole hurled at her. As for the comments some have made about the clothing is a statement to draw away from no talent, that couldn't be further from the truth. There are very few vocalists out there who have the actual talent that Christina has. She has always been a musical stylist and a vocal powerhouse, even when she was a kid. 

@RainCityWoman

What are you referring to here?

Jennifer Lopez's very very revealing outfits she wore weekly on American Idol.