Esteemed Contributor

Re: OK the organizer bug has bitten me again!!

@beach-mom  We had a big dinner and I watched her fill the sink with hot water and Dawn.  She washed the dishes and I grabbed a dish towel to start drying.She asked what I was doing because..........she was planning to put them in the dishwasher.

Huh!.  You just washed the darn dishes by hand. My Dad just said, "save your breath".

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  I never understood my Mother washing dishes by hand like she didn't have a dishwasher and putting perfectly clean dishes in the DW to be washed again.

Waste of water and electricity.  I told my Dad he should have saved the money he spent on a DW for Mom.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2,

I can't really explain it either😅 

With me it may be that my mother does it and we didn't get a dish washer way after everyone else did when I was married so I guess I just never quite trusted a dishwasher or couldn't imagine not getting food off.

Same with a garbage disposal. We didn't have one for so long so I hardly put anything down there when we did get one!

Go figure😄🙄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"