Trusted Contributor

Re: OK the organizer bug has bitten me again!!

@qualitygal 

I need you to FedEx me that bug.  Need to get bitten myself. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I got to stop using insecticide spray because I haven't been bitten yet by that organizer bug!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom does that to me and my sister @Bri369  @LindaSal she doesn't part with anything. She's ok with it, if we accept things from her though...but not to anyone else. I get it. I can be like that with sentimental items.

She buys the good price items even if she doesn't need or like it but " someone could use it" She bought pasta sauce that she doesn't like and guess who got it because it's a good price? 😝 Sometimes I get into silly arguments with her because I don't want to take the stuff she's giving me. It gets ridiculous. Then there's the "are you going to use this, if not I'll keep it myself." My answer now is yes I will use it ;even if I don't, just to get it out of her place. 
@Sooner I hear u sister! Been there done that! Overwhelming!!!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@beach-mom   Your DH and the paper reminded me of my Mom.

I was at Mom's house and got a cup of coffee, set it on the kitchen table, went to get my purse in the living room. came back...........coffee was gone.  I was out of the room for a hot minute.

I asked my Mother and got, "I thought you were done, I washed the cup, it is in the dishwasher."  Yes, she washed stuff before the dishwasher washed it.

Mom, there was steam still coming off the coffee.  After that I announced don't take my cup I'll be right back.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - LOL! Our moms should have met! Mom never used soap before she put things in the dishwasher, but you know those dishes were "rinsed" clean!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

My mom does that to me and my sister @Bri369  @LindaSal she doesn't part with anything. She's ok with it, if we accept things from her though...but not to anyone else. I get it. I can be like that with sentimental items.

She buys the good price items even if she doesn't need or like it but " someone could use it" She bought pasta sauce that she doesn't like and guess who got it because it's a good price? 😝 Sometimes I get into silly arguments with her because I don't want to take the stuff she's giving me. It gets ridiculous. Then there's the "are you going to use this, if not I'll keep it myself." My answer now is yes I will use it ;even if I don't, just to get it out of her place. 
@Sooner I hear u sister! Been there done that! Overwhelming!!!

@KBEANS Good grief I do hear you!  You are smart to pass it along.  I always say I am not a museum.  I learned the hard way after they passed. 

She doesn't want the guilt of getting rid of it, but it's fine to pass that to you!  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I need to rent that bug from someone.  I look at the  'mess' and think mañana!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@on the bay   Thank you for such a nice compliment.  I read your responses to things too, and you are interesting too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoffeeNut  & @BornToShop   it's in the mail.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2,

Lol! I wash things before they go in the dishwasher! I just do😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I would say I am a very slow purger.  I try not to beat myself up over this, as it's a big job to downsize.  I do like everything to have a place and to have things put away.  

Purging, for me, takes a lot of mental energy.  I am working on sorting papers and found Suzanna Kaye youtube videos to be helpful in that area.