Honored Contributor

Re: OK, so I agree with SydneyH, BeckiWV, amd brii - DWTS thread on here (spoiler alert)

On 5/20/2014 ILikeShade said:

One thing I don't understand is why the male pros paw at their partner after the dance is over while waiting for their scores. Some of the caresses by Maks plus that great big head of his constantly in Meryl's face is just skeeve worthy.

eta

Mark is famous for hanging all over his partners. I think the men learned this from Cheryl. Whenever she has a pro athlete, she hangs all over him. Then there was the season she partnered with Tom Dulay. She acted as if he had cooties.

Trusted Contributor

Re: OK, so I agree with SydneyH, BeckiWV, amd brii - DWTS thread on here (spoiler alert)

Candace should have gone home last night.{#emotions_dlg.angry} She stood there when Mark fell to the floor and was in pain, and all she does in run in to a closer or somewhere and cry all the time. Sure, she's not a bad dancer, but Peta and James should be dancing tonight.

My votes went to Meryl and Maks. I'm going to be disappointed big time if he doesn't win this year!!!

Honored Contributor

If Amy wins it will be because she deserves it. She has worked harder and danced just as well as Meryl who is an experienced dancer used to working with professional choreographers. To get the prosthetics to do certain things and point and move certain ways takes a lot of skill - a lot more than those with feet displayed. It's not so much the feet but the execution of the dance steps that are important and she did accomplish that every week. Feet are not everything in a dance competition and other things weigh more heavily. Posture, arms hip work, lifts, musicality among other things and Amy aced them all.

With Meryl's and Charlie's dance background they should have scored 9's and 10's every week.

While I also like Maks and would love for him to finally win, it's not so much his great choreography (which was and is always good) but Meryl's dance experience that made the high scores possible. Meryl would have done well with any other pro. Now if Maks had a partner with little or no dance experience then if the scores were that high it would have been a real accomplishment.

Respected Contributor

On 5/20/2014 Pook said:

If Amy wins it will be because she deserves it. She has worked harder and danced just as well as Meryl who is an experienced dancer used to working with professional choreographers. To get the prosthetics to do certain things and point and move certain ways takes a lot of skill - a lot more than those with feet displayed. It's not so much the feet but the execution of the dance steps that are important and she did accomplish that every week. Feet are not everything in a dance competition and other things weigh more heavily. Posture, arms hip work, lifts, musicality among other things and Amy aced them all.

With Meryl's and Charlie's dance background they should have scored 9's and 10's every week.

While I also like Maks and would love for him to finally win, it's not so much his great choreography (which was and is always good) but Meryl's dance experience that made the high scores possible. Meryl would have done well with any other pro. Now if Maks had a partner with little or no dance experience then if the scores were that high it would have been a real accomplishment.

Perhaps there should be a special DWTS for the disabled like the Special Olympics.

Super Contributor

On 5/20/2014 lulu2 said:

One thing I don't understand is why the male pros paw at their partner after the dance is over while waiting for their scores. Some of the caresses by Maks plus that great big head of his constantly in Meryl's face is just skeeve worthy.

eta

Mark is famous for hanging all over his partners. I think the men learned this from Cheryl. Whenever she has a pro athlete, she hangs all over him. Then there was the season she partnered with Tom Dulay. She acted as if he had cooties.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/20/2014 RainCityGirl said:
On 5/20/2014 lulu2 said:

eta

During the season Cheryl danced with Drew Lachey I was afraid his wife had something to worry about but apparently she didn't, thank goodness. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 5/20/2014 BeckiWV said:
On 5/20/2014 RainCityGirl said:
On 5/20/2014 lulu2 said:

eta

During the season Cheryl danced with Drew Lachey I was afraid his wife had something to worry about but apparently she didn't, thank goodness. Smiley Happy

There were rumors, but then I guess there are always rumors. So far, I think the only dancer who had a relationship with a partner afterward was Derek: he lived with Shannon Elizabeth for at least a year or more, and actually I think his other band members moved into her house as well.

Respected Contributor

I was a little taken back also, when he fell and just rolled on the floor in pain and she just stood there looking...........that was harsh...........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

On 5/20/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:

I'd hate to be all hot & sweaty from dancing and then have the smelly pro dancer stand close to me...then put his sweaty arms & hands on me. Gross.

That's what I was thinking too.