Honored Contributor

OK, now the eggs are being recalled and states where they have been sent and product info is here

[ Edited ]

Hello. Now there is a recall on the FDA site for the buckets of hard boiled eggs. Now retail stores and restaurants are being told which eggs are included. Here is a link for up to date information if you want it. Remember that there is an incubation period for Listeria monocytogenes. You could have consumed food containing these eggs in a restaurant or from your grocery store.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/almark-foods-recalls-hard-cooked...

For incubation periods, symptoms, how contamination occurs  and background information on listeriosis you can visit the FDA page on this here:

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/animal-health-literacy/get-facts-about-listeria

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OK, now the eggs are being recalled and states where they have been sent and product info is her

Here we go again!!

Honored Contributor

Re: OK, now the eggs are being recalled and states where they have been sent and product info is her

Is it just hard boiled eggs?  My friend I eat with was just bragging to me today that she'd just bought 18 eggs at Walmart for 17 cents...yes, that's what she said, 17 cents.

So is it all eggs?  What about the eggs and recall.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.   It's just eggs that come hard-boiled.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  OK, thanks.  That seems strange it would just be those.

I wonder how many hard boiled eggs are sold?

Don't most people hard boil their own eggs?  Perhaps not, I guess?

Honored Contributor

When I got that recall notice, my first thought was that I thought it was strange that anyone would buy hard boiled eggs when they're so easy to boil yourself.  I guess I can understand restaurants might buy them, though, although I never would have thought that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who buys the Wilcox hard boiled eggs here in WA state. She hates to hard boil her own and says the product is excellent.

Me? I hate hard boiled eggs.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a link to yesterday's CDC notice.  It contains a clearer explanation of how the eggs could reach the consumer and what to do.   https://www.cdc.gov/listeria/outbreaks/eggs-12-19/index.html

According to the FDA recall notice the eggs were shipped to:  The products were distributed to food service companies in (GA, CA, MS, NC, PA, TN, IA, MO, AL, FL, AZ). These products were packaged in 20, 23, and 25 pound plastic pails and sold primarily to further processing plants of egg products and restaurant chain suppliers.

If you, or anyone you know lives in an affected state and buys deli salads that contain hard boiled eggs or have restaurant meals that contain hard boiled eggs see the CDC link.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

It is not whole hard boiled eggs available directly to consumers. The product is bulk plastic bins of hard boiled eggs available to grocery stores, restaurants and other good purveyors. The eggs are then used by the ourveyors in store grand products such as deli salads.
Honored Contributor

Not exactly. The eggs are not sold directly to consumers. They are used in deli salads in grocery stores and restaurants.