Esteemed Contributor

~~ OK, It's Official, I'm Old ~~

I have to turn my hand mirror over to the magnified side for the simplest tasks in applying my makeup or looking for a runaway hair. Gawd, who wants to look at a face like that !?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

Re: ~~ OK, It's Official, I'm Old ~~

LOL! No u r not old.  I am not "old" but require both the 5x as well as 10 x to do my eyes, brows, lashes properly.  Just gotta do it!

Esteemed Contributor

You're not old but you may need to have your eyes checked.  I had to have Cataract surgery a few years after turning fifty.  The doctor said I was an unusual case but it happens.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

You're not old but you may need to have your eyes checked.  I had to have Cataract surgery a few years after turning fifty.  The doctor said I was an unusual case but it happens.

My eye Dr. keeps a close watch on my eyes because of medication that I take.  I wish I had cataracts in a way so that I could get new lenses. I would opt for lasik, but I am far sighted and I understand they only do lasik for near sighted.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I have to turn my hand mirror over to the magnified side for the simplest tasks in applying my makeup or looking for a runaway hair. Gawd, who wants to look at a face like that !?

There's always the other side of the pancake. For me, it takes a 15x just to find my eyelashes and eyebrows.  I had cataract susrgery 18 months ago and to be honest it has worked in reverse. Lenses dont help, and my sight is definitely deteriorating.  But it does feel strange to look into a magnifying mirror and still not get the help you need.

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep I imagine there is someone in your life who would like to see that face and kiss your sweet cheek! I was feeling pretty down after a bad reaction to medicine and the skin reaction that ensued. My sweet little grandson kissed my cheek and told me I would always be his pretty gramma. I decided he knew best! Lol

Trusted Contributor

twopeas, looking into a magnified mirror is too terrifying for me. i'll take my blurred vision and not have to face reality!

Esteemed Contributor

nothing to do with this reason but today i realised I am old too !  I am tired! it takes me hours to do what i used to do in minutes. 

Yes, I am 79, but untill today I didn't realise anything had changed..  I just cannot do everything  anymore and to tell the truth I am shocked........lol

I am TIRED!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

nothing to do with this reason but today i realised I am old too !  I am tired! it takes me hours to do what i used to do in minutes. 

Yes, I am 79, but untill today I didn't realise anything had changed..  I just cannot do everything  anymore and to tell the truth I am shocked........lol

I am TIRED!!!!!

I am sorry to saya that I understand completely.  Almost dread the family coming here for Chritmas dinner.  They are doing all the food, but now I have to do a lot of rearranging and clearing to take care of everyone's visit.

Respected Contributor

Even with some of the things that "old age" brings, my claim is still the same.  Being "old" beats the only other available alternative.