Trusted Contributor

Re: ~~ OK, It's Official, I'm Old ~~

@pattypeep Lol! Welcome to my world! My 10x nearly scares the life out of me first thing in the morning! 

At least we're above ground and counting! 

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby went to the Eye Dr yesterday(he's 63) for a dry eye problem and they checked his vision.....IT GOT BETTER.....he is 20/20!! No wonder he took his glasses off and saidthey hurt his eyes when he wore them.....

Me on the other hand....I have 'readers' a;; over the house....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Hubby went to the Eye Dr yesterday(he's 63) for a dry eye problem and they checked his vision.....IT GOT BETTER.....he is 20/20!! No wonder he took his glasses off and saidthey hurt his eyes when he wore them.....

Me on the other hand....I have 'readers' a;; over the house....LOL

The same thing happened to me. During my eye exam a couple of years ago I told the Dr. that lately I could see better without my contacts. He said that happens "pre" cataract. While he doesn't see any cataracts yet, he said we will all get them. The body is a mysterious thing.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

My magnifying mirror is both a blessing and a curse. It is great for some things, but then I see all the other things on my face which can be depressing. I try to remember that no one is seeing my face in such detail like my mirror. Thank goodness! 

Frequent Contributor

I turned 50 and broke down and put a mirror (with arm) up on the wall next to sink so that I could see my face.  Magnification is scary but I think the mirror is one of the best things that I've done for myself.  I prefer seeing those odd hairs and then try to figure out how to remove them!!!  The bags and wrinkles are what are most depressing for me but I have no plans to have PS so I'll do what I can to look presentable.

Respected Contributor

Well those wrinkles are certainly not on my list of favorite things. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and asked about skin care. He recommends CeraVe and Cetaphil products. I use CeraVe already because my skin is so sensitive, and I have to say I am loving this line. It's available in so many places and priced very reasonably. The serum is not as commonly stocked but the Walgreen web site is where I get it now that they bought Beauty.com.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

nothing to do with this reason but today i realised I am old too !  I am tired! it takes me hours to do what i used to do in minutes. 

Yes, I am 79, but untill today I didn't realise anything had changed..  I just cannot do everything  anymore and to tell the truth I am shocked........lol

I am TIRED!!!!!

I am sorry to saya that I understand completely.  Almost dread the family coming here for Chritmas dinner.  They are doing all the food, but now I have to do a lot of rearranging and clearing to take care of everyone's visit.

Boy can I relate to both of you.  I used to love the holidays but not so much any more; the family doesn't seem to realize I can't do what I used to.  Makes me feel better to know  there are other oldsters in the same boat.but then I wouldn't take anything for the wisdom gained.