Honored Contributor

Re: OJ,s Daughter Sydney comes out of hiding at age 30

I didn't even know that she was in hiding.  But that is definitely her.   I can tell from the picture that it really IS her, though.  If you look at some slightly younger pics, you can see the distinct resemblance.

How long has she been in hiding and why?  Was it all just too much?  I cannot imagine what the kids have been through all these years, since they were very young.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I wonder if OJ is going to go for the concussion thing now, since someone has already brought it up about the murders. Will be interesting to follow.

@Moonchilde  I havn't hears about a concussion.  What is this about?

It's been in the news the past 7-10 days. Some "expert" on the football players with multiple concussions/brain damage/syndrome has come out and said he'd "bet" that was OJ's problem all along. Gives him an excuse. I'll bet the lawyers are working overtime on it.

Why would the lawyers be working on it at all?  He was acquitted of the murders so they have nothing to work on with that.  There is absolutely no proof that he has CTE and no proof that CTE, if he does have it, contributed to the actions that got him convicted.  So, there is literally zero possibility that anyone would grant parole based on a publicity seeker saying he might have CTE and it might have contributed to his behavior. 

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I didn't even know that she was in hiding.  But that is definitely her.   I can tell from the picture that it really IS her, though.  If you look at some slightly younger pics, you can see the distinct resemblance.

How long has she been in hiding and why?  Was it all just too much?  I cannot imagine what the kids have been through all these years, since they were very young.  Smiley Sad

I do not think she was really in hiding rather it's just an expression.  From time to time I've seen pictures of her .  I remember reading she was a waitress at a restaurant in Florida.  She and her brother lived with their father in Florida.

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I wonder if OJ is going to go for the concussion thing now, since someone has already brought it up about the murders. Will be interesting to follow.

@Moonchilde  I havn't hears about a concussion.  What is this about?

It's been in the news the past 7-10 days. Some "expert" on the football players with multiple concussions/brain damage/syndrome has come out and said he'd "bet" that was OJ's problem all along. Gives him an excuse. I'll bet the lawyers are working overtime on it.

Why would the lawyers be working on it at all?  He was acquitted of the murders so they have nothing to work on with that.  There is absolutely no proof that he has CTE and no proof that CTE, if he does have it, contributed to the actions that got him convicted.  So, there is literally zero possibility that anyone would grant parole based on a publicity seeker saying he might have CTE and it might have contributed to his behavior. 

I agree that there is no proof he has CTE, nor can there be until he's dead and autopsied. But as far as his *current* situation, I think his lawyers would go for anything (and/or he would strongly push them to go for anything) that not only might influence a parole board, but the court of public opinion. He's just as invested in the court of public opinion as Bill Cosby is. Just because it's highly unlikely that anything will come of it doesn't mean they won't try - even if it's just to claim he has mental issues demonstrated now that should be treated outside of prison, as a parolee.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

There may come a time in which one of them may write a book, on what they went through.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Well, it doesn't have anything to do with him being a killer but I thought it was interesting that Jeffrey Toobin (who wrote the book the show is based on) said that the persona people saw was not the real OJ.  

He said OJ was actually illiterate and could barely write his name among other things.

I thought that was interesting.  It shows you how the public is really manipulated (but then we know that....don't we).

Esteemed Contributor

I hope he is denied parole because it would keep him away from his kids. It has been reported he is very good at manipulating people.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Is OJ saying from football he had a brain injury and that is why he killed his wife and Ron?  NO  Brain injuries do not cause you to kill but a jealous wife beater does.

Honored Contributor

I was unaware she was in 'hiding'.  My understanding is she was just keeping a low profile.