Honored Contributor

Re: OJ,s Daughter Sydney comes out of hiding at age 30

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Tanya Brown was recently interviewed several times about the show.  She said again that when his two children are with her family they've never talked about the murder.

@Annabellethecat66  I can't imagine what there is left to say about it in that family, having dealt with it for twenty-five years or so.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I wonder if OJ is going to go for the concussion thing now, since someone has already brought it up about the murders. Will be interesting to follow.

@Moonchilde  I havn't hears about a concussion.  What is this about?

It's been in the news the past 7-10 days. Some "expert" on the football players with multiple concussions/brain damage/syndrome has come out and said he'd "bet" that was OJ's problem all along. Gives him an excuse. I'll bet the lawyers are working overtime on it.

@Moonchilde  Thanks, but what a crock!  I don't believe it for a minute.  Someone doesn't become a narcissist and control freak by playing football.  This so called expert wants his fifteen minutes of fame.  Why didn't he show up in the trial, or any other "expert," didn't happen because it is nonsense.

Knowledge of the syndrome didn't exist at the time of the original trial. It's only become talked about and verified over approximately the past 5 years, give or take a couple of years.

I agree with you about his behavior on the whole - there were other aspects to his personality apart from violence that are less easily explained away.

And close to (geographical) home for me, the mother who murdered her three young children with a defense of post-partum depression was just sentenced to life without parole for murder. So excuses only get you so far anyway.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I wonder if OJ is going to go for the concussion thing now, since someone has already brought it up about the murders. Will be interesting to follow.

It's been in the news the past 7-10 days. Some "expert" on the football players with multiple concussions/brain damage/syndrome has come out and said he'd "bet" that was OJ's problem all along. Gives him an excuse. I'll bet the lawyers are working overtime on it.

@Moonchilde  Thanks, but what a crock!  I don't believe it for a minute.  Someone doesn't become a narcissist and control freak by playing football.  This so called expert wants his fifteen minutes of fame.  Why didn't he show up in the trial, or any other "expert," didn't happen because it is nonsense.

This information wasn't available 20 years ago when the trial going on.    This is the data the movie Concussion was based on.

BTW .....  Experts don't get to "show up" and testify at any trial because they feel like it ....  you knew that, right?

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Looks like OJ is up for parole in 2017.....I was really wishing he would rot in jail......where he belongs.

ITA! Hopefully, he will be denied parole.

There's a lot of concern (people on his side)  that this movie will refresh everyone's mind and will negatively affect possibility for parole.

IMO, couldn't happen to a "better" guy.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Knowledge of the syndrome didn't exist at the time of the original trial. It's only become talked about and verified over approximately the past 5 years, give or take a couple of years.

I agree with you about his behavior on the whole - there were other aspects to his personality apart from violence that are less easily explained away.

And close to (geographical) home for me, the mother who murdered her three young children with a defense of post-partum depression was just sentenced to life without parole for murder. So excuses only get you so far anyway.

@Moonchilde  I have been hearing about football brain injuries for many years, longer than five, and I thought the reason helmets for football, and other sports, were invented was to prevent head injuries, so it must have been known for decades and decades, but probably not dealt with as it is now, who knows.

Esteemed Contributor

Brain injuries do not make a person savagely kill someone.  Many people live with brain injuries without murdering.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Brain injuries do not make a person savagely kill someone.  Many people live with brain injuries without murdering.

Brain injuries (and the parts of the brain injured) are not One Size Fits All as far as symptoms and what they do/do not cause.  There are many types of brain injuries, and a wide variety of symptoms.

I don't buy the excuse for Simpson, but to say that because (even in the majority) those with brain injuries haven't killed does not logically follow that no brain-injured person ever has or ever will. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Brain injuries (and the parts of the brain injured) are not One Size Fits All as far as symptoms and what they do/do not cause.  There are many types of brain injuries, and a wide variety of symptoms.

I don't buy the excuse for Simpson, but to say that because (even in the majority) those with brain injuries haven't killed does not logically follow that no brain-injured person ever has or ever will. 

The brain injury does not cause someone to kill, period. This is just another ridiculous excuse for the inexcusable.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

The brain injury does not cause someone to kill, period. This is just another ridiculous excuse for the inexcusable.

Well, I'm not a forensic neurologist or a forensic psychiatrist, so I wouldn't claim to be absolutely, scientifically certain of a definitive answer to that. But I do do favor science over feelings.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw her aunt talking the other day on an talk/entertainment show. She said she was very aware of things going on in the home and that she was a very smart little girl. I hope she got some kind of professional help. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.