Contributor

O/T Need advice: opinions on gel mattress toppers

need a new queen size mattress and was shocked at the price to replace one. At Macy's

they sell Sensor Pedic mattress toppers about 3 inches high . My concern is they will be

hot to sleep on. Any thoughts before I purchase one? Thank you for your input

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T Need advice: opinions on gel mattress toppers

We have one that is a memory foam AND feather topper…layers, with the feathers on top.

I got it at Costco a couple of years ago.

Honored Contributor

I've posted this several times because I love this topper so much. I went through several which were only moderately successful, then I discovered on Overstock they list the density of the foam on their toppers. I chose one with a high density level and one side is gel coated to eliminate the heat factor, although this has never been a problem for me. This topper, after a short adjustment period, completely eliminated my morning backaches. If anyone is interested this is the Overstock item #14950311.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

My mattress is 18 yrs old and I was always tossing and turning and ached in am even though mattress is still firm. I bought the costco gel foam topper six months ago and I love it. I sleep through the night and no aches and pains in am. I will invest in full foam mattress when the topper wears out.

Honored Contributor

I saw an infomercial at 3am this morning when I couldn't sleep for a my pillow topper. It's $299 with free shipping and 2 free pillows. It looked comfortable, don't know if the price is reasonable or not.

Respected Contributor

On 1/6/2014 kachina624 said: I've posted this several times because I love this topper so much. I went through several which were only moderately successful, then I discovered on Overstock they list the density of the foam on their toppers. I chose one with a high density level and one side is gel coated to eliminate the heat factor, although this has never been a problem for me. This topper, after a short adjustment period, completely eliminated my morning backaches. If anyone is interested this is the Overstock item #14950311.

Just wondering if you have a poor mattress to begin with, such as a sink hole in the middle, would this topper compensate for that. Not sure if we should just invest in another mattress. I do have heat issues also that complicate matters.

Honored Contributor

If you have both body pain AND heat related issues, a CuddlEwe is like a magic solution. I wouldn't ever be without one again.
Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2014 luvpoos said:
On 1/6/2014 kachina624 said: I've posted this several times because I love this topper so much. I went through several which were only moderately successful, then I discovered on Overstock they list the density of the foam on their toppers. I chose one with a high density level and one side is gel coated to eliminate the heat factor, although this has never been a problem for me. This topper, after a short adjustment period, completely eliminated my morning backaches. If anyone is interested this is the Overstock item #14950311.

Just wondering if you have a poor mattress to begin with, such as a sink hole in the middle, would this topper compensate for that. Not sure if we should just invest in another mattress. I do have heat issues also that complicate matters.

I have issues too, stenosis, bulging disk and arthritis in my back among other places. My mattress was old and needed replacing. The topper made that unnecessary. The mattress simply serves as a base for the topper...it can be poor.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Overstock has the best prices . I checked many stores.