Honored Contributor

Re: O.J. Simpson up for parole tomorrow (July 20, 2017)

So it's a day of crappy news all around I see. I can't believe they're letting that worthless human being out of prison. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I really don't care what happens to him

If he does get out, which is likely to happen, I hope he doesn't commit anymore crimes.

And if he does get out, I hope Karma is waiting for him right around the corner. 

@magicmoodz

Karma or someone. . .

Esteemed Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

If OJ "gets out," his life will be like Casey Anthony's ...he will be shunned and scorned by the public.

@seaBreeze- I'm sad to say, people are obsessed with this man....there will be a reality show I'm sure....I believe Kaitlyn Jenner stated she would be picking him up at the prison....what do you think that means?   Anyone have three rings and a big top

Honored Contributor

Traditionally karma is not a supernatural source, it's just cause and effect. Humans bring about karma every day. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Whether or not you like the decision, it is based on the legal justice system. He served the appropriate amount of time for his sentence for this crime. By all accounts, he served his time well in prison avoiding conflict, etc.

They are not allowed to take into account any previous incidents as he was acquitted, so he has no record.

This is the law as it stands. While they could have denied him parole, they had no grounds to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Traditionally karma is not a supernatural source, it's just cause and effect. Humans bring about karma every day. 

Of course, @jaxs mom, I know that.  I was just trying to be cute.  😁

Honored Contributor

i will go against the grain a little here and say that i dont hope or think he will commit more crimes, i dont hope that someone will try to "do him in," i dont hope that he wastes the rest of his life doing nothing.

i do hope that now that he is out that he will spend as much time with his family as possible. i do hope that he will continue to think about what has happened every single day of his life. i do hope that he turns his life around and tries hard every day to make others lives a bit better. i do hope that he earns money outside of his pension so that the goldman and brown families will see some of that money that they have been promised and that THEY will put it to good use. he will have the ability to do these things if he so chooses.

time will tell.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@SydneyH

Do you mean any other double murderers?  It's hard for me to forget about the grizzley murders of Nichole and Ron.  He's just not "anyone else" IMO.

No, I mean other people convicted for the same offense.  Joe from wherever would have been released 5 years ago.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Kato Kaelin said OJ, if released, can not stay in his guest house.  He thinks OJ should go into hiding.

I saw an interview with Kato in the past year or so. He said that as time has passed, he has come to the conclusion that OJ did, IN FACT, commit the double murder. With the releases of OJ...maybe it is Kato that should go into hiding. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I saw a quick statement about how the the families of the murdered victims will get millions from him.  The statement assumed he will try for some tv program or new kind of tv fame.  I doubt he will ever get out from under his financial burden. 

I totally don't understand how they won that one since he was not convicted of the murder he no doubt did. 

@bonnielu  Are you talking about the civil case?  Civil courts have far less requirements for proof of guilt-more of a preponderance of the evidence.  Plus evidence excluded in the criminal trial was allowed in the civil trial.  The number of jurors needed to find him guilty in the civil trial was only 9 out of 12.

Since his pension could not be touched in the civil case but there was a $$ award to the families, they might just yet receive something out of his other sources.  He has property income and royalties from his days in Hollywood although I believe one home went to foreclosure.

I just remember when he was going to civil court, carrying a box, and being asked what was in it he said "Money" and laughed.  Real piece of work, that one.

Hi @Cakers3 it is nice to see you. I heard today that he also has money coming from his actor's membership, whatever the heck that is called...can't be touched either. It is protected like his NFL money. I wouldn't bet the farm on it but that is what I heard. They also said that his youngest daughter owns a home in Fla. where he will be living. He said all he wants to do now is Golf and spend time with his family.