Honored Contributor

Re: O.J. Simpson up for parole tomorrow (July 20, 2017)

@Lesa  no kidding.....forgetaboutit.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I don't think he showed enough remorse. 

I hope the panel sees through his b.s. and doesn't grant him parole. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Every time these "pundit" commentators talk about O.J. now being 70 yrs old as a opint in his favor for release (one even said,  seventy-year-olds are unlikely to commit crimes)

I think immediately how Ron and Nicole never got to be 70 yrs. old thanks to O.J.   I don't think either of them even made it to 40 yrs. old (and Ron was much younger than Nicole).  Being 70 yrs. old is not a great point to bring up in O.J.'s favor for release IMO.  I can just imagine what Fred  Goldman thinks when he hears that.

@Pearlee  Ron was almost 26, Nicole was 37.

Honored Contributor

I recently watched an interview with people involved in the burglary, two black men, can't remember their names, and they said Simpson told one of them, at least, to bring a gun, maybe these two are in prison now, but if they aren't, would have been nice to see them at the hearing telling their stories against Simpson.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I really don't care what happens to him

If he does get out, which is likely to happen, I hope he doesn't commit anymore crimes.

And if he does get out, I hope Karma is waiting for him right around the corner. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OMG the lawyer should just SHUT UP !

He calls a reporter on bringing up the guy who wrote the anti OJ book, but then he rants on, and on and ON, giving the guy free press.

Respected Contributor

I just heard on the news that the guy who testified for him (the "victim) is still a sports memoribilia dealer. Wow.....guess his inventory just went WAY up in value! A real good reason to testify!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Here is his "apology"-

"I am sorry for how things turned out." 

That is not an apology, that is not accepting responsibility for anything. Read between the lines.

It's called honesty.  I have a certain amount of respect for OJ for NOT acting contrite and making up a false apology and hanging his head pretending to be something he isn't.  He told the truth, he's sorry the whole thing went sideways and that he was arrested.  He's not sorry for what he did, I do think he believes he did what was right for HIM and as a narcissist, that's all that matters to OJ.  He also knew that chances were 99% that he was going to be paroled.  I hope the people who expected an apology know that a false apology.....is not an apology.  

Honored Contributor

@Lesa wrote:

@MickD wrote:

@HappyDaze he makes my skin crawl.....just like Ted Bundy...another dangerous psychopath.

I need one of these about now. Here's a few more for those who could use one.

Barf Bags.

barf.jpg

Hold some of that for when he writes his book about his prison experiences and makes the rounds of all the talk shows...it's coming.

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Anyone else would have been parolled by now imo.

@SydneyH

Do you mean any other double murderers?  It's hard for me to forget about the grizzley murders of Nichole and Ron.  He's just not "anyone else" IMO.