Valued Contributor

Re: O.J. Simpson up for parole tomorrow (July 20, 2017)

@MaRina wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MaRina wrote:

I think he'll be released from prison. Sure hope I don't see him plastered all over the news living it up, playing golf etc. 

Done seeing and hearing anything about this evil soul. 

@MaRina  Chin up-he may still go out trying to find the "real killers".

@Cakers3 you are so right BUT he doesn't need to look far! 

oj.jpg

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think he will be paroled.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri36  Correct.  Also, his NFL pension amounts to $25,000 a month,  which O.J. gets to keep.  They can't take that away from him.  So, he'll be in pretty good shape financially if/when he gets out.  His home here in Florida was foreclosed.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I saw a quick statement about how the the families of the murdered victims will get millions from him.  The statement assumed he will try for some tv program or new kind of tv fame.  I doubt he will ever get out from under his financial burden. 

I totally don't understand how they won that one since he was not convicted of the murder he no doubt did. 

He lost the civil case and was ordered to pay $33 million dollars to the Brown and Goldman family.  If he has no income, he is not required to pay them anything.  The only income he has is his NFL pension, which they are not entitled to.  He's made it very clear he's never going to pay them one cent. 

There are different standards that apply to the civil trial versus the criminal trial.  Only 9 out of the 12 jurors were required to find him guilty.  Plus, he didn't have to testify in the criminal trial.  He did testify in the civil trial. 

There was also evidence that the prosecutors were able to use in the civil trial that was not allowed to be used in the criminal trial. 

The burden of proof is much lower in a civil trial than a criminal one.   In a civil case, you only need to prove a case by a preponderance of the evidence.  In a criminal case, it's beyond a reasonable doubt.  Huge difference. You mentioned number of jurors but not the actual burden of proof standard.

Honored Contributor

CNN interviewed one of his former guards, he said OJ once had a cellmate who was a serial rapist. He allegedly raped more than 100 women. This guard said OJ got along very well with this guy (no surprise to me). Guard said OJ always had more money in prison than anyone else, so he basically bought lots of friends there via the prison store. 

I suppose he has served his time for this crime. He'll face the ultimate judgment one day. I find him to be an arrogant narcissistic liar who got away with two brutal murders. I hope if he gets out no one pays any attention to him.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MaRina wrote:

I think he'll be released from prison. Sure hope I don't see him plastered all over the news living it up, playing golf etc. 

Done seeing and hearing anything about this evil soul. 

@MaRina  Chin up-he may still go out trying to find the "real killers".

@Cakers3 you are so right BUT he doesn't need to look far! 

@MaRina

In the mirror. . .

Honored Contributor

He will be granted parole and then Megyn can interview him.

Honored Contributor

Kato Kaelin said OJ, if released, can not stay in his guest house.  He thinks OJ should go into hiding.

Trusted Contributor

Don't know if I'll watch or not yet, but does anyone know what time this is supposed to happen?