Trusted Contributor

Re: O.J. Simpson up for parole tomorrow (July 20, 2017)

@colliegirls wrote:

I cannot stand to see his face or hear his voice, the murderer.

The most difficult thing for me to understand is that he has absolutely no remorse for what he did.  In fact he seems to take dellite in it all.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Has he been receiving his pension while he's been in jail? 

@Bri36  Yes.  I believe the ERISA law protects his pension but I am not an authority on that subject.

That is why his pension was not touched when the civil trial was brought on behalf of Nicole's and Ron's families.

I think his pension is $25,000 a month. 

The Goldman's won't ever see a dime from OJ. 

Respected Contributor

If OJ "gets out," his life will be like Casey Anthony's ...he will be shunned and scorned by the public.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Has he been receiving his pension while he's been in jail? 

@Bri36  Yes.  I believe the ERISA law protects his pension but I am not an authority on that subject.

That is why his pension was not touched when the civil trial was brought on behalf of Nicole's and Ron's families.

I think his pension is $25,000 a month. 

The Goldman's won't ever see a dime from OJ. 

@Bri36  Plus he has a nice egg nest from investments and his Hollywood days.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

If OJ "gets out," his life will be like Casey Anthony's ...he will be shunned and scorned by the public.

i am not so sure about that......and maybe he WANTS to lead a more private life now anyways?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

i am not so sure about that......and maybe he WANTS to lead a more private life now anyways?

@sunshine45  Probably.  He has moved on from the murders, at least it appears to be so.  We really don't know what his thinking is after all these years regarding Nicole and Ron.

The public is unforgiving and determined to punish him somehow, somewhere, for those murders.  It is futile and unproductive thinking.

He's moved on.  The Goldmans and the Browns are the ones left without justice, not anyone else.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I think I heard on HLN that they will be covering it tomorrow.   I'll be watching at least some of it.  Anyone else interested in this?

No

To answer your question

Spoiler Alert - he gets paroled

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

He may have been shunned if he had been sent to prison for murder but this incarceration as nothing to do with killing or not killing anyone.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Can the parole board take into account that he was found guilty in the civil trial against him for the murders?  I know that they can't use the criminal case, because he was found not guilty.  But if they could consider that he was found guilty in the civil one, that could factor into their decision to keep him in jail, since he could be justifiably viewed as a danger to society.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Can the parole board take into account that he was found guilty in the civil trial against him for the murders?  I know that they can't use the criminal case, because he was found not guilty.  But if they could consider that he was found guilty in the civil one, that could factor into their decision to keep him in jail, since he could be justifiably viewed as a danger to society.

@TenderMercies  What matters is his behavior in prison and how he responds to the boards questions.  His prior civil trial has nothing to do with this.

The two crimes are unrelated.  The parole board is going to look at his current behavior and where and what he will do if released.