Respected Contributor

Re: O.J. Simpson up for parole tomorrow (July 20, 2017)

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

@ValuSkr, someone mentioned on HLN last night on the show that Ashley Banfield hosts that they think he will become eligible for parole.  I hope not.

@newjersey

You only caught part of that discussion, I guess.  

OJ is now eligible for parole.  The parole hearing will be televised live tomorrow on at least four networks.  

If he IS granted release, he won't leave jail until October.

Why do you care?

Respected Contributor

I really don't care what happens to him

If he does get out, which is likely to happen, I hope he doesn't commit anymore crimes.

Honored Contributor

OJ  has been a model prisoner for all the years he has been incarcerated. He has already put in many years of his sentence.  No need for the government to foot the bill to feed and care for him

.  Once OJ gets out, he will be living off of his  multi million dollar income from his NFL pension....  plus I am sure he will have a book and movie come out that he will cash in on... and who knows.. maybe a reality TV show.  I am sure that would be very popular in a macabre sort of way.

Respected Contributor

I think he'll be released from prison. Sure hope I don't see him plastered all over the news living it up, playing golf etc. 

Done seeing and hearing anything about this evil soul. 

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot stand to see his face or hear his voice, the murderer.

Respected Contributor

Has he been receiving his pension while he's been in jail? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is an editorial by Mark Fuhrmann about OJ and parole on the Foxnews website. Can't post the link because at least one poster here deems the site too political [rolleyes].    Anyway, Mark thinks OJ will be paroled and so do I.

If you remember, Mark F. was the only person convicted of anything relative to the murder of Nicole and Ron (although he doesn't mention that in his column).

There is a photo of OJ with the column.  He looks terribly, very much older and bloated.  I'm sure when he gets out - whenever that is - he'll immediately begin looking for the real  killers. 

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@newjersey  No.  He served his time for THAT particular crime and if he is granted parole then so be it.

Some people still feel he should remain in jail based on the other murders; been there, tried, not guilty.

It's not an issue for me.

Thank you for being fair about this situation.  I was home in bed recovering from back surgery during the trial and I watched the entire thing. I will never know for sure whether he committed murder, hired someone to commit murder or had nothing to do with the crime. I do know, however, that had I been on that jury I would have voted Not Guilty. The inept prosecution left me unconvinced. Their work was filled with holes and suppositions, and I could never have sent someone to jail for life (or death) unless I was certain of their guilt. His celebrity had nothing to do with my thinking. And I would rather see a guilty person go free than to see an iinnocent person punished for something they did not do.. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Has he been receiving his pension while he's been in jail? 

@Bri36  Yes.  I believe the ERISA law protects his pension but I am not an authority on that subject.

That is why his pension was not touched when the civil trial was brought on behalf of Nicole's and Ron's families.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

I think he'll be released from prison. Sure hope I don't see him plastered all over the news living it up, playing golf etc. 

Done seeing and hearing anything about this evil soul. 

@MaRina  Chin up-he may still go out trying to find the "real killers".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh